Lido Breakfast secret

u4ea

For your breakfast dessert, try a bowl of frosted flakes with CHOCHOLATE milk.;) OK, I'm just psyched because I just booked the Amsterdam transatlantic. This is my first time booking air through HAL. One way flights back otherwise were $1200 plus from CPH. Man, I am looking forward to living like a king in seven weeks.

BTW, I miss the old Noordam, had some truly magical times on that ship. Anyone else get their mojo workin' ?

Mark.....

I always look forward to our HAL cruises for their breakfast.

I first go to the line that has the smoked salmon and place some onto a plate. OK sometimes maybe just a tad more than some.

Than take that plate of smoked salmon over to the specialized omelet station and have the chef cook an all items available omelet plus including some of my smoked salmon into the omelet. Like my omelets on the soft cooked side. Boy now that is one good tasting omelet that I cannot get at home.

For your breakfast dessert, try a bowl of frosted flakes with CHOCHOLATE milk.;) OK, I'm just psyched because I just booked the Amsterdam transatlantic. This is my first time booking air through HAL. One way flights back otherwise were $1200 plus from CPH. Man, I am looking forward to living like a king in seven weeks.

Rice crispies taste great with chocolate milk too. :)

Most mornings on the Amsterdam I would have cereal for breakfast ... and I experimented with lots of combinations ... various fruits, raisons, etc. A small amount of chocolate milk instead of the regular milk was one of those experiments. Hmmmmmmm ... so good. :) Normally I can't eat chocolate due to an allergy ... migranes. But ... luckily the milk didn't trigger my migranes ... guess there's not that much chocolate in it ... because boy, was that good. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Bring your own (large) coffee jug, fill it up, grab some lox and head out the stern door to sit above the aft pool, and enjoy the sea air, and meet your friends, and plan the days events!!

all while eating lox off a plate with nothing else?????? at first read i thought you were going to throw it overboard in an attempt to lure fish and the like to the surface

What happened to the deep fried cheescake? They didn't have it on the Veendam last Nov. Who it the genius that came up with grinding up butterfingers to put on ice cream? I could eat that for breakfast anytime.

Mark....

I simply love an old-fashioned diner-style breakfast with all the high-calorie high-carb goodies. But frankly, I was sadly disappointed with the Lido cooked breakfasts. Everything was o.k.—just o.k. I felt the fried potatoes and cooked meats were underdone and the eggs were not particularly fresh. Just no soul or chi. susana.

*LOL*

This thread is so funny ...I used to go out with a girl who put Chocolate milk on her cereal and I thought she was weird ......and she thought I was weird because I put ketchup on everything *LOL*

Until this thread I never knew another person who did that.

I love breakfast buffets, wherever they are. I make my own heart attack Diner style plate .....including salmon :)

Ok it's not such a secret...but fill a cup of coffee and then put the dark chocolate cocoa in it.

And BOY don't those croissants taste great! I had one every single day!

And the Fruit Muesli is SOOOOOOOOO good I wish I was a bovine with more than one stomach.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but as part of the "I-paid-for-it-so-I'm-darn-well-gonna-eat-it" camp, I tried to not miss a single meal.:p Besides, there's something about eating scrambled eggs and bacon while sitting on the verandah in your jammies that makes everything taste wonderful.....

I simply love an old-fashioned diner-style breakfast with all the high-calorie high-carb goodies. But frankly, I was sadly disappointed with the Lido cooked breakfasts. Everything was o.k.—just o.k. I felt the fried potatoes and cooked meats were underdone and the eggs were not particularly fresh. Just no soul or chi. susana.

Someone after my own heart, everything was OK but - fried potatoes were just that - nothing like my Mom's fried potatoes - so called Canadian bacon is too well done - sausages, well they should be pork for breakfast - eggs, I like mine over and the yolk broken - toast should be hot and well buttered.

Having said all that, I'm not complaining - I don't have to shop for anything, cook anything, clear up anything, wash anything - it's all there for the asking and always comes with a HAL smile :D - and 2nds on fresh squeezed OJ!!!!!

The real secret of the Lido at breakfast is - ROOM SERVICE!

John likes to go up to the Lido for a hearty buffet breakfast but I'm happy with my little room service breakfast. I ask the steward to put it on the bed - & then I stay right there & eat breakfast in bed! Forget about eating on the balcony. :)

Have to admit I had all my breakfasts on my last cruise in the dining room. Good food but talk about tiny eggs benedicts. I missed the local dinner back home that knew how to cook up a trucker's breakfast. he he he!

Although I only ate once in the Lido on that cruise I must say it was the best Lido deck on any cruise line.

Steamboatin:

That is an excellent idea about taking the salmon over to the omelet station, so it can be included in the omelet. I have had an omelet with salmon in it at a buffet in Vancouver, there was a whole slab of salmon right beside the omelet station, and the cook/server would just carve off a piece and put it in with your omelet. Somehow I never thought to do that when I'm on a cruise.

Archived