14 night vrs 7 b2b cabin selection.

mattR

7 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Good that you prefaced it with "generally". 😀 We booked our 14D Xmas cruise (it leaves in on Dec 23) and at time of booking (over 400 days out) the 14D trip was almost $3K cheaper than booking it as a pair of 7s (full suite). We booked it as the 14D because it was so cheap.

Also, the thing about the Plus or Premier packages is, if for 2 7D cruises or one 14D, the cost is exactly the same, yet you only get half of some perks. For Example, with Premier on a 14D cruise you get 2 free specialty dining meals but on a pair of 7D cruises you would get 4 (two for each cruise).

I am wondering if that much variation had something to do with major holidays.  I wouldn't want to book separately for $3K either!  (That will buy a lot of SD meals).

8 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Good that you prefaced it with "generally". 😀 We booked our 14D Xmas cruise (it leaves in on Dec 23) and at time of booking (over 400 days out) the 14D trip was almost $3K cheaper than booking it as a pair of 7s (full suite). We booked it as the 14D because it was so cheap.

Also, the thing about the Plus or Premier packages is, if for 2 7D cruises or one 14D, the cost is exactly the same, yet you only get half of some perks. For Example, with Premier on a 14D cruise you get 2 free specialty dining meals but on a pair of 7D cruises you would get 4 (two for each cruise).

You've always got to price it both ways. Sometimes it might be cheaper & you can save a bundle, other time not so much. 

11 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Several of use were discontinued the Specialty Dining number with a B2B 14 day book with the Premier  (Not two sevens)

Log into your Princess account and pull up your 14 day cruise, click on luggage tags and travel summary ant the top and then click on print summary.  The last page shows the value of your Premier package.  If you do the math, you might find you get four Specialty dinners and not just two. I was actually surprised.

Each of my 7 day cruise shows two dinners per person for a total cost savings(value)  of $58.80 for each Your 14 day booking might reflect the price for four each.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, Alaska05 said:

Wrong. I have an upcoming 14 day Caribbean cruise booked which can also be booked as 2 7-day cruises (Eastern and Western Caribbean). My personalizer shows I will get 2 cruise credits.

Are you traveling solo? You get 2 credits if you are; not because the cruise could be booked back to back. 

On 12/6/2023 at 4:49 AM, cjpj said:

Are you traveling solo? You get 2 credits if you are; not because the cruise could be booked back to back. 

No my husband is traveling with me. We each are getting 2 cruise credits. At the end of the 2nd leg we will be Elite.