What to do with grandkids in MIA

Friendofbillbob

We are sailing Oasis in January. My wife and I usually just jump in an Uber to/from the port, but I don't believe Uber will have car seats for a 1 and 4 year old kid. RCI wants $20 per person including the kids even though they could sit on laps. My next question, we will get off the ship around 8:30am and our flight out of MIA is at 4:35pm. Again I thought of one of RCI excursions (alligator) but it is $89 for kids also. Is the a hotel with a pool that offers shuttle from Seaport and the from hotel to the airport? or any other ideas to keep kids busy for a few hours?? TIA

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Friendofbillbob said:

We are sailing Oasis in January. My wife and I usually just jump in an Uber to/from the port, but I don't believe Uber will have car seats for a 1 and 4 year old kid. RCI wants $20 per person including the kids even though they could sit on laps. My next question, we will get off the ship around 8:30am and our flight out of MIA is at 4:35pm. Again I thought of one of RCI excursions (alligator) but it is $89 for kids also. Is the a hotel with a pool that offers shuttle from Seaport and the from hotel to the airport? or any other ideas to keep kids busy for a few hours?? TIA

Kids that young should not be sitting on your lap in a vehicle. 

Leave the kids home. Too young to enjoy the cruise. 

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

Kids that young should not be sitting on your lap in a vehicle. 

Leave the kids home. Too young to enjoy the cruise. 

I believe it is illegal to have children in a vehicle without an approved car seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Friendofbillbob said:

You may actually want to check with Uber....many Taxis offer car seats for children, so Uber may surprise you.

2 hours ago, thinfool said:

Actually Florida law is written a little differently....it is worded so that the taxi driver is not liable if children are not restrained, tho parents or adult riders may be.

IMO, the sole responsibility falls 100% on the parent/guardian. Law or no law. Common sense.