Viking air question

ddeprez

Our flights have just been posted in MVJ for our cruise next May. They are actually very good flights, and what we paid through Viking Air is less than any flights I have seen to book on my own. So, I’m happy at this point!  My question is- does Viking ever change the flights after they’re posted? I understand that changes can occur due to the airlines themselves, but in anyone’s experience, does Viking ever change them after they show up in MVJ? TIA!

They can and do if not yet ticketed.  We have our flights for our cruise in May and they are now ticketed.  So at this point, it is only the airlines who can change them.  And they do.  I have had two changes by Delta to our flights to LAX in February.  

3 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

They can and do if not yet ticketed.  We have our flights for our cruise in May and they are now ticketed.  So at this point, it is only the airlines who can change them.  And they do.  I have had two changes by Delta to our flights to LAX in February.  

A few caveats and explanations.

Viking issues tickets around 60 days out. Once ticketed, if a passenger makes changes to the flight arrangement, there may be a fee, if they can make the change at all. As SantaFe1 has done, a passenger may request (and pay for?) early ticketing.

Even if posted on MVJ, the flight plan is not final until it is ticketed. Anyone -- Viking, passenger, airline -- is able to make changes before ticketing.

There are advantages to early ticketing and there are disadvantages to early ticketing (which I leave to others to explain because I've never done it).

• Like 1

In my experience, there is no fee for early ticketing. Viking will try to postpone ticketing but if you like your flights, call Viking air and request it as soon as they allow it…around 100 days out if I remember. They will stress that if YOU want to change the flight after ticketed, there will be a change fee. I don’t think Viking has ever changed our flights, but the airlines have….from minor time changes to major airport changes. 🙄 Once ticketed, I deal directly with the airline for seat changes or upgrade purchases, and flight corrections if needed. I use Viking Air when it is a better deal than booking ourselves, about half the time.

• Like 3

We had Viking Air + for our May flights.  Our TA told us that they would ticket upon final payment.  So we asked her to arrange that and she did.  As Peregrina says, there are different reasons to ticket early or wait to ticket.  But we like our flights, we have to fly to a gateway airport to go anywhere, and that can turn into a nightmare with at least two stops to almost anywhere in Europe (except London) , so we just get them ticketed as soon as possible

• Like 2

We booked  300 days out and wanted Business Class. We compared the Viking cost with the Delta price and Viking was much less, so we went ahead with Viking. We now deal directly with Delta. The only drawback that I can see if sailing deviations are made, we are on our own to adjust our tickets.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

We booked  300 days out and wanted Business Class. We compared the Viking cost with the Delta price and Viking was much less, so we went ahead with Viking.

We do this too.  On almost all European business class flights we get a much better price with Viking and Air +

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

We do this too.  On almost all European business class flights we get a much better price with Viking and Air +

I should have added, if you want Business Class book it early. It seems Viking only has an allotted number of them. I don’t know this for a fact, it has just been my experience. Anyone know for certain?

57 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

We booked  300 days out and wanted Business Class. We compared the Viking cost with the Delta price and Viking was much less, so we went ahead with Viking. We now deal directly with Delta. The only drawback that I can see if sailing deviations are made, we are on our own to adjust our tickets.

16 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Although not always, so it is important to check prices, if saving $$ is your goal.

Example: SantaFe1 and I are on the same May, 2024 cruise.  We both book business class and we both book well in advance. She saved 30% using Viking Air and I saved 40% booking on my own.  So much depends on where you are coming from and where you are headed to, that you need to run a price check each time you book.

That said, there are times when you may choose to use Viking Air regardless of savings. We did when we did the Nile River cruise this past January. At that point in time, I was concerned about possible cancellations and I wanted everything on my Viking invoice.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Example: SantaFe1 and I are on the same May, 2024 cruise.  We both book business class and we both book well in advance. She saved 30% using Viking Air and I saved 40% booking on my own.  So much depends on where you are coming from and where you are headed to, that you need to run a price check each time you book.

Absolutely agree.  We booked our own flights to L.A. in Feb. on Delta using miles, then used Viking Air for flying to London and especially home from Bergen.  We have Viking Air for our flights to Lisbon and home from Porto, next fall,  but will probably do our own in 2025 for flights to L.A. again and home from Vancouver once we check prices.

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info everyone!   This is the first time I’ve used Viking Air- last time we cruised with Viking I had enough points to cover flights. I haven’t tried going into the upgrade options…if you do, can you see pricing without committing to anything?

I've told this same story for a Viking River Cruise so I'm sorry if you've read it before.

We paid in full for our cruise in November 2018 to get the 3 percent discount, for an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise in May 2020, and included a 3 night post in Prague at the upgraded hotel in the old town. We also asked for Viking Air, Business Class.

As we all know, the 2020 cruise was cancelled giving us the option to rebook the same cruise for 2021 (no money back was offered and this was a better deal than an FCC, and we still wanted this cruise).

I thought for sure May 2021 would be "good to go" since we did a back to back cruises on Sea Dream in the Caribbean that we booked post Covid shutdowns for April 2021. But once again, Viking River suggested that we postpone our cruise, and we did. If we hadn't, it was cancelled and we wanted to stay in control of our cruise, so we moved it to May 2022.

The 3 of us in 2 cabins successfully took our back to back Sea Dream cruises from St. Thomas to San Juan and San Juan to San Juan, and really enjoyed it. We had all had vaccines, and passed the test required to get onboard, which was collected by the onboard doctor, and tested by the onboard nurse.

We eventually took our Viking River cruise over a year after our Sea Dream cruises, in May 2022. We were booked on a Delta Flight in business class from Miami to Atlanta (it was actually called a first class seat, but there was nothing special about it other than being close to the front of the plane) then Atlanta to Amsterdam in business class where we had paid Viking for 2 nights pre cruise.

We immediately complained because there was less than 2 hours between our MIA to ATL and our ATL to AMS. We asked that our ATL to AMS be changed to the later flight. Viking told us that if it was OK with Delta, and they would not change it. Over the next few months, the time between flights decreased twice. We complained each time, and asked for the later flight, and were told no by Viking since Delta said it was OK.

As you might have guessed, our flight from MIA to ATL was delayed, and they told us onboard to run as fast as we could and we might make it. We ran along with a much younger man traveling for business, and Delta slammed the gate door in his face when they saw him because they had already given our business class seats away to people in premium economy on the next flight.

There was only 1 business class seat available on the next flight over 3 hours later, and they had already booked it for him since he had paid more than Viking had aid for our seats.

We told him we were good with that since he had to work in the morning, but discussed whether we wanted to go home or sit in uncomfortable seats to Amsterdam. Rather than lose all of the money we had paid a long time ago, we took the later flight. Delta wouldn't let us into the business class lounge since they caused us to no longer be in business class. It was nothing like the business class lounges we've been in on other airlines with way too many people and unsupervised kids.

The seats in premium economy were the worst seats we've sat in, with no leg room for tall people, and a forward leaning head rest in the wrong place for our bodies.  Most of the seats were filled with college students celebrating the end of the school year. There were long lines of them waiting for the bathrooms since free drinks were available to all those 18 and older. I almost had an empty seat next to me (seat 3 of 4 in our middle row), but after we took off, a flight attendant brought a young woman to take that seat since she felt afraid and intimidated in her seat in economy. As it turned out, it wasn't a problem for either of us since I always stay quietly in my seat, and she wasn't one of the party crowd.

We had tried to contact the emergency number for Viking Air. They were closed, and asked that we call back the next business day.

We did enjoy our river cruise and our pre and post. When we returned home, we contacted Viking Air to ask for our money back for our business class upgrade. They told us it was not their problem and to contact Delta. We did. Since we didn't get our money back, we called Delta again. They told us that they had given our money back to Viking 2 months ago. It took us 2 more months to get Viking to give us back the money that Delta gave them.

So, we will never us Viking Air again, and we booked our own air for our first Viking Ocean cruise. We have allowed Regent to book our airfare for us, since we've been OK with what they have booked for us except for our first cruise a number of years ago where they booked a flight through Atlanta to Vancouver with an hour in between. We only made it because it was the same plane, and the same flight crew on both flights. We now tell Regent that neither Delta or a flight through Atlanta are acceptable for our included air.

41 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

I've told this same story for a Viking River Cruise so I'm sorry if you've read it before.

We paid in full for our cruise in November 2018 to get the 3 percent discount, for an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise in May 2020, and included a 3 night post in Prague at the upgraded hotel in the old town. We also asked for Viking Air, Business Class.

As we all know, the 2020 cruise was cancelled giving us the option to rebook the same cruise for 2021 (no money back was offered and this was a better deal than an FCC, and we still wanted this cruise).

I thought for sure May 2021 would be "good to go" since we did a back to back cruises on Sea Dream in the Caribbean that we booked post Covid shutdowns for April 2021. But once again, Viking River suggested that we postpone our cruise, and we did. If we hadn't, it was cancelled and we wanted to stay in control of our cruise, so we moved it to May 2022.

The 3 of us in 2 cabins successfully took our back to back Sea Dream cruises from St. Thomas to San Juan and San Juan to San Juan, and really enjoyed it. We had all had vaccines, and passed the test required to get onboard, which was collected by the onboard doctor, and tested by the onboard nurse.

We eventually took our Viking River cruise over a year after our Sea Dream cruises, in May 2022. We were booked on a Delta Flight in business class from Miami to Atlanta (it was actually called a first class seat, but there was nothing special about it other than being close to the front of the plane) then Atlanta to Amsterdam in business class where we had paid Viking for 2 nights pre cruise.

We immediately complained because there was less than 2 hours between our MIA to ATL and our ATL to AMS. We asked that our ATL to AMS be changed to the later flight. Viking told us that if it was OK with Delta, and they would not change it. Over the next few months, the time between flights decreased twice. We complained each time, and asked for the later flight, and were told no by Viking since Delta said it was OK.

As you might have guessed, our flight from MIA to ATL was delayed, and they told us onboard to run as fast as we could and we might make it. We ran along with a much younger man traveling for business, and Delta slammed the gate door in his face when they saw him because they had already given our business class seats away to people in premium economy on the next flight.

There was only 1 business class seat available on the next flight over 3 hours later, and they had already booked it for him since he had paid more than Viking had aid for our seats.

We told him we were good with that since he had to work in the morning, but discussed whether we wanted to go home or sit in uncomfortable seats to Amsterdam. Rather than lose all of the money we had paid a long time ago, we took the later flight. Delta wouldn't let us into the business class lounge since they caused us to no longer be in business class. It was nothing like the business class lounges we've been in on other airlines with way too many people and unsupervised kids.

The seats in premium economy were the worst seats we've sat in, with no leg room for tall people, and a forward leaning head rest in the wrong place for our bodies.  Most of the seats were filled with college students celebrating the end of the school year. There were long lines of them waiting for the bathrooms since free drinks were available to all those 18 and older. I almost had an empty seat next to me (seat 3 of 4 in our middle row), but after we took off, a flight attendant brought a young woman to take that seat since she felt afraid and intimidated in her seat in economy. As it turned out, it wasn't a problem for either of us since I always stay quietly in my seat, and she wasn't one of the party crowd.

We had tried to contact the emergency number for Viking Air. They were closed, and asked that we call back the next business day.

We did enjoy our river cruise and our pre and post. When we returned home, we contacted Viking Air to ask for our money back for our business class upgrade. They told us it was not their problem and to contact Delta. We did. Since we didn't get our money back, we called Delta again. They told us that they had given our money back to Viking 2 months ago. It took us 2 more months to get Viking to give us back the money that Delta gave them.

So, we will never us Viking Air again, and we booked our own air for our first Viking Ocean cruise. We have allowed Regent to book our airfare for us, since we've been OK with what they have booked for us except for our first cruise a number of years ago where they booked a flight through Atlanta to Vancouver with an hour in between. We only made it because it was the same plane, and the same flight crew on both flights. We now tell Regent that neither Delta or a flight through Atlanta are acceptable for our included air.

Well, I guess.  But if you travel a lot, everyone has a horror story with flights.  We had a flight canceled to Lisbon from DFW, then the flight the next day, they lost luggage our luggage.  This was with Regent. So we have really have never seen Lisbon, and have booked again for next year.  And then this year, we had 17 minutes to make a Delta flight, booked through Viking, canceled and changed at the last minute, and made it!!   Flying these days is a roll of the dice!

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, ddeprez said:

…and, I’ve heard that you can bid on upgrades with Lufthansa. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks again!

I bid on an upgrade a few years ago on Lufthansa.  Flying in from the US to Frankfurt.  At that time, they "suggested" a starting bid of 500. if I remember correctly, but I bid 250. for each of 2 seats and this was accepted. This was in 2018.  Was upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy.  

A relative recently flew on United (economy) to Copenhagen and they had a minimum bid of 700 or 800. to start, to get to PE. 

On 11/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, ddeprez said:

Thanks for the info everyone!   This is the first time I’ve used Viking Air- last time we cruised with Viking I had enough points to cover flights. I haven’t tried going into the upgrade options…if you do, can you see pricing without committing to anything?

If you paid for Viking Air, you can call the number and ask about upgrades to PE or business class and they will tell you the price.  What I did this time for our Panama Canal cruise is that we are flying free through Viking and American Airlines offered upgrades in the main cabin(it's a short flight between Miami and Panama City ) so I looked on the AA website and upgraded using miles to the front of the main cabins, easy to do.  We plan to do the Viking Elbe river cruise in late March 2024.  I worked with Viking Air to book the flights from Dulles to Prague, Berlin to Dulles, switching to an earlier flight from Dulles to Frankfurt to give us plenty of time for the connecting flight to Prague.  I went ahead and ticketed the flights since I was satisfied with them.  Then I contacted United and asked about upgrades to business &/or PE.  The upgrade to business is 20K & $550 but there is no guarantee that you will get a business class seat; this is how United does it now.  However the United agent suggested if I upgrade to PE(only costing 20K & no $$) she could already assign the outbound seats.  It was a little more challenging doing the return flight from Frankfurt to Dulles, I had to request the upgrade to PE myself on the United website since it was a Lufthansa ticket (but it is a United flight) and right now it is still a request but she thought by mid-December the upgrade will be granted.  We have sat in PE this past Spring for our Cities of Lights river cruise.  It's not business but fine for a European flight from Dulles.  

Using V "free Air", later this month, PHL/LAX r/t.  Outbound on DL, 1 stop thru MSP.  DL wants too much money for same cabin, farther up in plane.  (Was changed from  AA nonstop -- disappointing.)

Return LAX/PHL nonstop on AA, was also changed-- later dep. time, but still nonstop.  Gets in close to midnight.

No upgrades were available on return either thru V or AA.

"Free air"  --  we get what we pay for.  Just really a discount on cruise, without actually reducing fare.

3 hours ago, cgc33abc said:

I bid on an upgrade a few years ago on Lufthansa.  Flying in from the US to Frankfurt.  At that time, they "suggested" a starting bid of 500. if I remember correctly, but I bid 250. for each of 2 seats and this was accepted. This was in 2018.  Was upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy.  

A relative recently flew on United (economy) to Copenhagen and they had a minimum bid of 700 or 800. to start, to get to PE. 

Thanks for the info! Our Lufthansa flight was already changed to American (lol), and obviously could be changed again before ticketing. So, I guess I’ll just keep watching and see how it shakes out.

2 hours ago, SM77 said:

If you paid for Viking Air, you can call the number and ask about upgrades to PE or business class and they will tell you the price.  What I did this time for our Panama Canal cruise is that we are flying free through Viking and American Airlines offered upgrades in the main cabin(it's a short flight between Miami and Panama City ) so I looked on the AA website and upgraded using miles to the front of the main cabins, easy to do.  We plan to do the Viking Elbe river cruise in late March 2024.  I worked with Viking Air to book the flights from Dulles to Prague, Berlin to Dulles, switching to an earlier flight from Dulles to Frankfurt to give us plenty of time for the connecting flight to Prague.  I went ahead and ticketed the flights since I was satisfied with them.  Then I contacted United and asked about upgrades to business &/or PE.  The upgrade to business is 20K & $550 but there is no guarantee that you will get a business class seat; this is how United does it now.  However the United agent suggested if I upgrade to PE(only costing 20K & no $$) she could already assign the outbound seats.  It was a little more challenging doing the return flight from Frankfurt to Dulles, I had to request the upgrade to PE myself on the United website since it was a Lufthansa ticket (but it is a United flight) and right now it is still a request but she thought by mid-December the upgrade will be granted.  We have sat in PE this past Spring for our Cities of Lights river cruise.  It's not business but fine for a European flight from Dulles.  

When you say “paid for Viking Air”, do you mean paying the up charge for Viking Air Plus?  I was under the impression that the only way to speak to someone directly was to pay additional for this?

When you say “paid for Viking Air”, do you mean paying the up charge for Viking Air Plus?  I was under the impression that the only way to speak to someone directly was to pay additional for this?

Yes, I always pay for Air Plus - I like to be able to talk with someone when finalizing our flights.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a booking on SAS from LAX to Copenhagen. The times are perfect, the airline ( I've been told ) is great and we paid for a upgrade to premium. I'm really wondering about things I've heard with flights being changed and losing our premium seats.  This is our first cruise with Viking and we're doing the Homelands cruise next August.  I'm torn over wanting our TA to insist on ticketing the flights and holding off.  I'd hate to be changed as the flight are great.   Funny how they already have our money! 

2 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

Funny how they already have our money! 

Not funny....IMO, that's all part of the Viking business model - let the guests provide your financing for free, rather than borrowing from a commercial lender.

As for your flights "changing" - remember that there are two cases at play here.  One is that the airline changes their schedules between now and flight time.  The other is that the cruiseline changes what they are assigning to you.  Even if you are ticketed, the first case may result in you "losing" that great itinerary that you like.

• Like 1

I have Viking Air flights booked for next April since it was substantially less than booking independently. I am attaching part of the email Viking sent with our air itinerary. I don’t recall getting detailed information like this with previous Viking Air flights. They are stating what has been repeated often on these forums, as in above post. 

Changes to Your Flight Schedule
 Airline schedules for your flights will likely undergo multiple changes from the time of booking to your travel date. These changes are made by the airlines as they adjust their services, routes, and aircraft assignments.
We will carefully monitor and review all schedule changes to ensure they are consistent with your voyage. In some instances, it may be necessary to re- book your flights with another airline. You will be promptly notified of any such changes via email.
If you wish to change your flight routing, dates, seat assignments, or class of service, you can do so on MyVikingJourney.com. Until the ticketing process is complete, you will only need to pay the fare difference. However, once the ticketing is finalized, any modifications will necessitate a consultation with an Air Specialist-a service of Air Plus. Please be aware that a non-refundable service fee ranging from $100 to $150 per guest will apply for the Air Plus service. Additionally, a minimum change fee of $350 per person will be charged, along with any applicable fare increase. It's important to note that these fees extend to name changes as well. Ticketing may be completed any time after the package is paid in full.
Seat Assignments
Any changes, including minor schedule changes or flight number updates, can lead to the airline making adjustments to the aircraft type or seating configuration, which may result in unassigned seats. Therefore, we advise you to thoroughly review your flight details following any updates.
If you have purchased seats in preferred locations or with extra legroom directly from the airline, it's possible that this information may not be relayed to Viking. In such cases, you will need to directly coordinate with the airline to address any changes that may arise.
Business Class and Premium Economy
When traveling internationally, the benefits of Business Class and Premium Economy may not apply to connecting flights within North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. However, if available, we will make efforts to provide an upgraded experience even on these connecting flights. It's important to be aware that the service amenities and availability of upgraded aircraft cabins may vary. The pricing remains the same when traveling in economy or upgraded cabins on these connecting flights.
To ensure the best flight options, we recommend selecting Premium Economy or Business Class at the time you book your voyage. If you wish to upgrade to Business Class or Premium Economy flights, you can do so on MyVikingJourney.com starting from 5 months prior to your travel date.
For guests who have upgraded their Viking booked flights directly with the airline, it is necessary to coordinate with the airline directly to reconfirm the upgrades in the event of airline or Viking schedule changes.
Flight Customization
You may customize your flights within 5 months prior to travel with no service fee, on MyVikingJourney.com. For a non-refundable service fee of $100- $150 per guest you may customize your flights from 310 days to 65 days prior to travel over the phone with a Viking Air Specialist. Customizing your flights online or with Air Plus will often result in a fare increase, in addition to the air add-on price included with your cruise package. For Air Plus services, a voyage deposit and completion of the Guest Information form is required. All customization is subject to availability of Viking-exclusive inventory.
Baggage and Airline Policies
Additional airline-imposed baggage charges may apply; click here www.vrc.com/luggage to learn more about airline luggage allowances, carry-on or luggage restrictions, prohibited items and locking your bags.
We recommend contacting the airline directly via their website or phone at least 72 hours prior to your departure to reconfirm seat assignments, current policies and check in time. 

Edited by CDR2001
Added more information
  • Thanks 2

In other words, airline schedule and equipment changes have generated enough complaints so we are telling you and hope it heads them off.

Good that they clarify the "domestic" legs of an intercontinental trip.  Too many think they will be getting lie-flat business seats within Europe, when all they receive is a blocked middle seat and no additional legroom.

But the complaining will continue, IMO.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CDR2001 said:

I have Viking Air flights booked for next April since it was substantially less than booking independently. I am attaching part of the email Viking sent with our air itinerary. I don’t recall getting detailed information like this with previous Viking Air flights. They are stating what has been repeated often on these forums, as in above post. 

Changes to Your Flight Schedule
 Airline schedules for your flights will likely undergo multiple changes from the time of booking to your travel date. These changes are made by the airlines as they adjust their services, routes, and aircraft assignments.
We will carefully monitor and review all schedule changes to ensure they are consistent with your voyage. In some instances, it may be necessary to re- book your flights with another airline. You will be promptly notified of any such changes via email.
If you wish to change your flight routing, dates, seat assignments, or class of service, you can do so on MyVikingJourney.com. Until the ticketing process is complete, you will only need to pay the fare difference. However, once the ticketing is finalized, any modifications will necessitate a consultation with an Air Specialist-a service of Air Plus. Please be aware that a non-refundable service fee ranging from $100 to $150 per guest will apply for the Air Plus service. Additionally, a minimum change fee of $350 per person will be charged, along with any applicable fare increase. It's important to note that these fees extend to name changes as well. Ticketing may be completed any time after the package is paid in full.
Seat Assignments
Any changes, including minor schedule changes or flight number updates, can lead to the airline making adjustments to the aircraft type or seating configuration, which may result in unassigned seats. Therefore, we advise you to thoroughly review your flight details following any updates.
If you have purchased seats in preferred locations or with extra legroom directly from the airline, it's possible that this information may not be relayed to Viking. In such cases, you will need to directly coordinate with the airline to address any changes that may arise.
Business Class and Premium Economy
When traveling internationally, the benefits of Business Class and Premium Economy may not apply to connecting flights within North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. However, if available, we will make efforts to provide an upgraded experience even on these connecting flights. It's important to be aware that the service amenities and availability of upgraded aircraft cabins may vary. The pricing remains the same when traveling in economy or upgraded cabins on these connecting flights.
To ensure the best flight options, we recommend selecting Premium Economy or Business Class at the time you book your voyage. If you wish to upgrade to Business Class or Premium Economy flights, you can do so on MyVikingJourney.com starting from 5 months prior to your travel date.
For guests who have upgraded their Viking booked flights directly with the airline, it is necessary to coordinate with the airline directly to reconfirm the upgrades in the event of airline or Viking schedule changes.
Flight Customization
You may customize your flights within 5 months prior to travel with no service fee, on MyVikingJourney.com. For a non-refundable service fee of $100- $150 per guest you may customize your flights from 310 days to 65 days prior to travel over the phone with a Viking Air Specialist. Customizing your flights online or with Air Plus will often result in a fare increase, in addition to the air add-on price included with your cruise package. For Air Plus services, a voyage deposit and completion of the Guest Information form is required. All customization is subject to availability of Viking-exclusive inventory.
Baggage and Airline Policies
Additional airline-imposed baggage charges may apply; click here www.vrc.com/luggage to learn more about airline luggage allowances, carry-on or luggage restrictions, prohibited items and locking your bags.
We recommend contacting the airline directly via their website or phone at least 72 hours prior to your departure to reconfirm seat assignments, current policies and check in time. 

We received our air itinerary for our May cruise, but didn’t receive a detailed email like this.