Another upgrade bid question

rool

Hi, we are on Seaview for an 8 day cruise over Christmas and have this morning received an invitaton to bid for an upgrade.

We are currently in a BR3 cabins but one of the upgrade offers is an interior Yacht Club for £240pp.

My question really is does this include the drinks package (which I have already purchased) or will it be room only but with access to the Yacht Club facilities and dining?

Many thanks.

3 hours ago, clarky213 said:

If you have booked the drinks package as part of your booking, there is no refund if you win the upgrade bid.

If you have purchased the drinks package as a seperate item, then it would be refunded if your bid is accepted.

Do you know this from experience?   Because that is not what the offer says:  read #3.

IMG_2529.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Do you know this from experience?   Because that is not what the offer says:  read #3.

IMG_2529.jpeg

Not had experience personally, just what I have read on here by other people.

Best Thing to do would be to cancel the drinks package before the upgrade, then if you don't get the upgrade, just purchase again as it will be the same price.

I bid on an Aurea upgrade and was countered with  Yacht Club. I accepted the upgrade to YC and called to cancel the Easy drink package I had purchased. The lady I spoke with said she would cancel the package and it would be refunded after the cruise if the credit wasn't used to purchase other things before or during the cruise. I sure hope they do refund it. That was the reason I upgraded at that price.

First time sailing with MSC in 2 weeks... traveling solo and purchased a Deluxe Balacony 7 day, Seascape, Miami, with drink/wifi  package at time of initial booking , I think BR3

Got the upgrade email, is anything in this worth it as I will be "paying twice" for the drink package??? 

Not sure how bidding works.  Are the prices listed the prices I would pay?   Also assuming when they send me "per person" they should know I am solo so it should only be charged once...

image.png.1f6b5de4cac1f8300837be8feb9b6c7b.png

Edited by jmsnyc
formatting

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Even if solo, you will be charged for 2.  EM

I asked my travel agent who called MSC and said this was not true, that you are only charged for one.

"I finally got an answer from MSC in regards to the bid program. He confirmed that the bid is a one time payment, so we will not be charged the price for a second person. In terms of a refund for drinks/wifi if we get the yacht club, he said that was not possible. I hope this helps!"

3 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

I asked my travel agent who called MSC and said this was not true, that you are only charged for one.

"I finally got an answer from MSC in regards to the bid program. He confirmed that the bid is a one time payment, so we will not be charged the price for a second person. In terms of a refund for drinks/wifi if we get the yacht club, he said that was not possible. I hope this helps!"

He got bad info.  I know from experience when I won the upgrade bid to Aurea I was charged for 2.  This was in August 2023.  The offer tells you this.  E

IMG_2567.jpeg

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

He got bad info.  I know from experience when I won the upgrade bid to Aurea I was charged for 2.  This was in August 2023.  The offer tells you this.  E

IMG_2567.jpeg

I can also confirm from experience (this week) !

28 minutes ago, mtlchris said:

I can also confirm from experience (this week) !

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

IMG_2567.jpeg

Thanks.  I guess my travel agent was wrong.  I even sent an email trying to confirm with him:

"So it is just a charge for one person. IE, you bid $100, it will be a charge only for $100 and not $200. Also, the name of the beverage package we have is called the "Easy Package". "

I don't think its worth it to bid then.   Especially since I already have the wifi/drink package that would not be refunded either

Edited by jmsnyc

I received a email for a move up.  It is a 3 day cruise that we booked to test the waters on MSC in the YC.  

The minimum for the upgrade to Delux of $50 is what it would cost if I upgraded directly

The $1145 is more than the $930 that it would be if I upgraded directly.   

Look at the owners suite price difference.  $2600 compared to $1400 

NO Thanks.

Check on the website and see what the actual price would be without bidding on a move up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Here are some upgrade options,
priced per person for the entire duration of the cruise:

upgrade IMAGE

MSC YACHT CLUB OWNERS SUITE

From $2,615 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

YACHT CLUB Royal Suite

From $1,145 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE