Suite Perks

SeaMee

On 12/2/2023 at 7:21 AM, TeeRick said:

We are staying in Feb in a Crown Loft suite on Symphony.  Can we make our CK reservations for dinner at the dining time we want prior to the cruise?  Or do we have to board and hope for the best times available if not taken already?  I seem to recall when we sailed Harmony (in 2019) also in a CL, a suite concierge contacted us prior to the cruise by email.  Does this still happen?

You will be contacted by the suite concierge about a week before the cruise and you can request reservations for CK at that time. We were on harmony last month and that was the first time we needed reservations, i'm sure because the ship was full. Our previous cruises on partially full ships we never worried about reservations we just showed up when we were hungry!! But on Harmony (because we didn't do anything until the 2nd or 3rd day when we realized how busy they were) we ended up with 8 pm dinner the rest of the cruise. It worked for us but most people prefer to eat earlier than that!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

You will be contacted by the suite concierge about a week before the cruise and you can request reservations for CK at that time. We were on harmony last month and that was the first time we needed reservations, i'm sure because the ship was full. Our previous cruises on partially full ships we never worried about reservations we just showed up when we were hungry!! But on Harmony (because we didn't do anything until the 2nd or 3rd day when we realized how busy they were) we ended up with 8 pm dinner the rest of the cruise. It worked for us but most people prefer to eat earlier than that!

For some reason we were not contacted by concierge before last weeks cruise , I needed to call and eventually getting email . I had the UDP and needed to make reservations, this was on harmony.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  I did get an email early this morning from the concierges.  It contained a lot of information about the experienc, but all it said about dining was to make reservations on the cruise planner or the app.  I don't see how to make Coastal Kitchen reservations on the app, so I guess I will reply as that falls under "if you need assistance".

Thanks again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks.  I did get an email early this morning from the concierges.  It contained a lot of information about the experienc, but all it said about dining was to make reservations on the cruise planner or the app.  I don't see how to make Coastal Kitchen reservations on the app, so I guess I will reply as that falls under "if you need assistance".

Thanks again.

That's unfortunate.  Not very much help re: dining reservations.

Write back and tell the Concierge that you want THEM to make your dining reservations.  That's part of their job.  Just put the times and days/dates/venues of the reservations that you want in the email response.

Sorry that you got that rather piss-poor response.  Very disappointing.

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks again.

i agree that e-mail is sort of a boiler-plate explanation to all....i would definitely write back and ask them to book CK for you and i'm sure they will!

We're leaving Thursday on a short Voyager cruise. Since there's no CK on Voyager we bought the Unlimited Dining Package, which doesn't allow you to make reservations until you're onboard (except for night 1 which they did book us at Chops). I got the same e-mail over the weekend, so i've written back and asked that they make reservations for us, giving them our preferences for lunches and dinners. This also falls under "if you need assistance"!! Once we're onboard, we'll tweak it if we need to.

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's unfortunate.  Not very much help re: dining reservations.

Write back and tell the Concierge that you want THEM to make your dining reservations.  That's part of their job.  Just put the times and days/dates/venues of the reservations that you want in the email response.

Sorry that you got that rather piss-poor response.  Very disappointing.

That's pretty much what I did.  I said I wanted 8:45 every night.  I also asked about moving my specialty dining reservation once onboard, since I want to base it on the menu at Coastal, which is not online.  The current cruise is not the same itinerary, so I can't really use that.

• Like 2