Rudi’s is going away

kirkc

Why would they need two Asian restaurants???  This seems like a nonsensical decision. Honestly, I just don't understand most all of the new HAL management decisions. No libraries, getting rid of Lincoln Center- the best idea they had in a long time, now two Asian restaurants?? It isn't like HAL has 5 restaurants to begin with. I wouldn't be spending extra money to go to two Asian restaurants. So many other choices to pick from. I think a classic continental restaurant or a seafood restaurant would be a better choice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sambamama said:

...No libraries...

I agree about the redundancy of two Asian restaurants but do want to point out that the ships that didn't have libraries have had new ones installed in the last year or two.  I believe that all of the ships now have them.  That's a good thing!

~Nancy

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sambamama said:

Why would they need two Asian restaurants??? 

Do you mean like Nami Sushi and Tamarind? 😉 They have had two Asian restaurants for ages. There is also the Asian station in the Lido.

"Asian" covers a lot of ground. You could have Japanese, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, and Korean. Each is pretty distinctive. There are four major Chinese cuisines, and arguably 8 or more important regional ones in China.

The beauty of specialty dining is that it gives us choices. (And remember, if you decide to skip the specialty restaurants, that's still a choice.)

We'll definitely try Morimoto when the opportunity presents itself. We've eaten at 3 of his restaurants and enjoyed them all. DW is planning to try the Morimoto lobster in at some point during the cruise.

I also have high hopes for Sel de Mer this coming Thursday Being an equal opportunity diner, I'm also looking forward to the Dive In and I have my fingers crossed for Wiener Schnitzel.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sambamama said:

Why would they need two Asian restaurants???  This seems like a nonsensical decision. Honestly, I just don't understand most all of the new HAL management decisions. No libraries, getting rid of Lincoln Center- the best idea they had in a long time, now two Asian restaurants?? It isn't like HAL has 5 restaurants to begin with. I wouldn't be spending extra money to go to two Asian restaurants. So many other choices to pick from. I think a classic continental restaurant or a seafood restaurant would be a better choice. 

I think it reflects demand.  The Tamarind is filled each night.  On board the NS right now and not only is there an Asian distant lands but during lunch there is another station that should be sweets that has an Asian menu with lines waiting for food. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 12:22 AM, bundtkate said:

I'll be sad if Rudi's is going away. We have our first HAL cruise booked on Koningsdam in June so it's not like I know what I (might) be missing, but we have a specialty dining credit via HIA and were definitely planning on Rudi's.

Several people commented that they never receive details on their confirmation regarding the HIA restaurant choices. (We do get the full description from the “big box” TA we use.)  Meanwhile If you look at HAL”s description of the HIA package, it spells out the restaurant choices and notes that Rudi’s is excluded. (Click terms & conditions link.)

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/cruise-deals/have-it-all?ICID=HECIZ0712221917#

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Thanks 2