Help with Tour Providers (Costa Maya) Not shoreexcursions dot com or Viator please.

jgoodm

Hi all, I am looking for a good shore excursion company for Costa Maya.  I cant find availability or things I like from RC, ShoreExcursions or Viator.  Hoping there are others I should be looking at.  Thanks!

I think ATV's (doubles so the kids can join, they're all 11 and 12 but I'm not sure I would trust them to ride on their own).  Horseback riding or a beach pass for a place we could reserve a cabana in advance for shade.  Thanks.

Edited by jgoodm

3 minutes ago, jgoodm said:

I think ATV's (doubles so the kids can join, they're all 11 and 12 but I'm not sure I would trust them to ride on their own).  Horseback riding or a beach pass for a place we could reserve a cabana in advance for shade.  Thanks.

There are some ATV tours which I am sure would be available via the brokers but only goes down the unmade road out of  Mahahual or at least has in the past, as far as I know - never seen particularly good reviews for it.

Never seen horseback riding available.

Beach clubs, along the malecon in Mahahual and some individual locations out of town, are all run independently. If you look back a page or two on this forum you will see the regularly recommended locations and then each will have individual website with prices and booking information. 

The water park has recently reopened if you are looking for something active, or snorkeling or fishing excursions, bikes or segway may still be available. 

1 hour ago, jgoodm said:

There are a bunch of places to get beach passes. Where and the best ones changes over time. I always have found a good current beach place from the Costa Maya board under ports of call here. Your post should be moved over to that board. I have used Native Choice for excursions which is linked to in the post right above and would  recommend them too.  Native Choice is not an aggregator third party like the ones you mentioned, they are a local tour operator. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, 1361bass said:

Goodness! Some of the prices are 2 1/2 times what we booked with Native Tours.

We go on the excursion at the end of January so will make note to post a report.  

Not unusual since GetYourGuide is a broker who may well use Native Choice, a local operator. I agree if the tours are identical that sounds an excessive mark-up. 

This is why I am always wary of Resort for a Day whose prices are regularly higher than direct. 

We had a gift voucher once and used Get Your Guide in Cozumel for a local operator we could have booked independently. I don't recall any, or possibly a minimal, up charge.

At least checking broker sites gives you an indication of what is available at a location for you to research further.