Seashore Dec 3rd, 4 night, YC Review (onboard)

Morgsmom

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Did not find that "vibe" on the 7 day cruises. Will make it a point to never book a longer cruise by adding a 2,3, or 4 day to any cruise.

Or at least add it on after the longer 7-day cruise, so the butlers and wait staff get to know you.  We are hoping that strategy helps us in March.

• Like 3

I do not understand what the problem could be with all the negative reports ? It has the best hospitality team assembled by Dr. Yannis Kazalis hotel director from all the MSC fleet for the American market. Perhaps they have not yet been assembled from their vacations? Or it is taking them longer to retrain those still onboard to American standards? Or is it the promise of big American tippers has not yet materialized?

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

Yacht Club may be different with after a 7day get to know and a tip on the 7th day.

We had better service on that second 4-day part even without tipping after the 7-day. We were a known quantity and the newer people were not. I think it was easier to stick with the known. 😉

Example:

When the head concierge was about to address the new folks in TSL, he walked by us sitting at the bar and said something like, "I hope you do not mind that I will be disturbing you by giving a short speech." LOL

• Haha 1

On the same ship …according to the announcements on the terminal they were having issues with prev passengers still on the ship ( i had read about this happening like hiding so they wouldn't have to get off early if they had a late flight) so the ship couldn’t be clear. Meet butler night 1 he took note of all my requests no problem there. I came in with low expectations after a disaster celebrity edge retreat experience. We have meraviglia booked next. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

Heading out tomorrow for the 3 night in YC. Hmm. Hope it’s not as bad as it sounds. I’ll report back and see if it’s improving. 

If you are parking at terminal 10 could you please give us an update on construction relating to delays, etc .

In the past year or so have done a 4 night YC on Divina and 3 night YC on Seaside. Both were excellent and I didn't notice any difference in service compared to a week in YC on Meraviglia. Really hoping things improve on the Seashore by March when I will be in YC again.

Appreciate those who are reporting on their now and future experiences.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Todd320 said:

If you are parking at terminal 10 could you please give us an update on construction relating to delays, etc .

It was REALLY backed up last Sunday (12/3).  I might actually recommend offsite parking.  People were in line for > hour trying to park.

• Thanks 1

We were on the same cruise in Yacht Club.  Poor experience.  First day asked for an Old Fashion with Woodford Reserve.  After 10 min. "we do not have that".  Then asked for Makers Mark.  10 min. later same response.  "Well what do you have?"  Crown Royal, sir.  (That is in the way lower package)  Then at dinner.  No wine menu.  They asked my wife what she wanted, she said Pinot Grigio, she got the $10 bottle stuff.  "That is all we have". 

I am convinced they control costs by only serving a certain amount of premium beverages and then they say "we are out" and you have to get the cheap stuff. 

In the Lounge my wife asked for a Pinot Grigio on the last day.  No special brand.  They gave her a sweet Reisling.  I took it up to the bar and said "this is not a Pinot Grigio".  He said "Sorry sir".  Then it turns out he was out of Pinot Grigio and had to leave for 5 minutes to get more.  So he probably just poured "another white" and hoped she did not notice. Either lazy or cost cutting.  NOT what we paid for.  Other people can chime in on their great experiences, but it did not happen on this ship.

We did not see our "Butler" until the night of day 2.  (50% into our cruise) But we did finally get our newspaper on the last day. :>)

Oh, and I did talk to the "Yacht Club Director" the first night.  Useless.  He said "it should get better tomorrow".

Why isn't it good today?  I paid for today!  He had no response.  Then avoided me the rest of the cruise.  I guess asking for a Wine Menu at dinner is too much to ask.

We were very disappointed.  We have over 20 cruises, with 3 on MSC and this was one of our worst cruises.  

And do not get me started on the elevators.  Nothing better than pushing the elevator button and have it say "error, not available".  And then going to the other bank and getting the same message.

I think the people are good, but the management is cheap and not customer oriented.  I back up everything you said on your original post.  

• Like 1

We were on the 12/3, 4 night cruise also.  We were not YC.  Seems odd, as there were limes, cherries, and garnishes at every bar I visited.  I have to have limes!  😎. Parking was horrible.  It took us about an hour from when we got in the parking line, until we parked. 😡. Never heard if there was an excuse/reason.  That needs to be addressed with the port I would guess, not really MSC’s fault. Since the last time we parked in that garage, the set up changed. 

I heard they had trouble getting people off the earlier cruise and that is why boarding was slow. 

I am afraid I do not know what you might be alluding to, about some different types of people on the island. I was at the South beach (I believe that was the name)  lagoon all day and all was good over there. 

On 12/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Todd320 said:

We arrive at 10 minutes before 11am. The gates were not functional. Line was back to the road turnoff. Took Us 45 minutes to get in the lot. Half of the lot is under construction. I recommend parking off site. At least for the next few months

Edited by dshroyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dd likes to cruise said:

We were on the 12/3, 4 night cruise also.  We were not YC.  Seems odd, as there were limes, cherries, and garnishes at every bar I visited.  I have to have limes!  😎. Parking was horrible.  It took us about an hour from when we got in the parking line, until we parked. 😡. Never heard if there was an excuse/reason.  That needs to be addressed with the port I would guess, not really MSC’s fault. Since the last time we parked in that garage, the set up changed. 

I heard they had trouble getting people off the earlier cruise and that is why boarding was slow. 

I am afraid I do not know what you might be alluding to, about some different types of people on the island. I was at the South beach (I believe that was the name)  lagoon all day and all was good over there. 

I think that is the problem with MSC. Not consistent. Garnishes were non existent in yacht club. That is why you see super good and super bad reviews. Not consistent.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, DrProfessor said:

We have a 4 night YC Seashore cruise coming up in Feb as our first MSC tryout.  If the experience is like this, we probably won't be back - although prices of the other lines may keep us hovering.  Still, I don't want to shell out some money for a vacation and not enjoy it.  We have always enjoyed our cruises and are easy to please, but every time someone review Seashore, it seems pretty bad.

Please don't trust bad reviews. They AREN'T typical at all. Before our first MSC cruise in 2018, we also read many negative reviews of our ship (the Seaside). It was a fantastic cruise and we're hooked on MSC because of it. Just keep in mind two things: 1. Ships like the Seashore host 1,000s of passengers every sailing, and the vast majority don't write reviews at all. 2. Those who do write reviews, are likely the ones who have an axe to grind. We are booked on the Seashore next month and can't wait. 😃

• Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 7:20 PM, dshroyer said:

We arrive at 10 minutes before 11am. The gates were not functional. Line was back to the road turnoff. Took Us 45 minutes to get in the lot. Half of the lot is under construction. I recommend parking off site. At least for the next few months

Just curious if the long delays are for ANY vehicles, or just if you're driving yourself and parking. We are taking a taxi, and hoping delays aren't too bad. Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, dshroyer said:

We were on the same cruise in Yacht Club.  Poor experience.  First day asked for an Old Fashion with Woodford Reserve.  After 10 min. "we do not have that".  Then asked for Makers Mark.  10 min. later same response.  "Well what do you have?"  Crown Royal, sir.  (That is in the way lower package)  Then at dinner.  No wine menu.  They asked my wife what she wanted, she said Pinot Grigio, she got the $10 bottle stuff.  "That is all we have". 

We did not see our "Butler" until the night of day 2.  (50% into our cruise) But we did finally get our newspaper on the last day. :>)  SAME HERE

Oh, and I did talk to the "Yacht Club Director" the first night.  Useless.  He said "it should get better tomorrow".  SAME, TOO!  I showed photos and he never followed up.

Why isn't it good today?  I paid for today!  He had no response.  Then avoided me the rest of the cruise.  I guess asking for a Wine Menu at dinner is too much to ask.  Apparently so

We were very disappointed.  We have over 20 cruises, with 3 on MSC and this was one of our worst cruises.  I would agree, though any cruise is better than no cruise, but I paid single supplement of 100% to be in YC and I would expect that they could make the drinks listed on their fancy menu. 

On 12/5/2023 at 1:03 PM, SpareBrew said:

They ran out supplies about 6 days in including Tito’s, Kahlua, Diet Coke, Pepsi Zero and limes.  

We were on the same cruise in YC.  Out of Kahlua.  That must be why on the last day we ordered a Espresso Martini and got vodka and coffee.