Harmony- where to watch sports?

We will be sailing on Harmony during Spring Break and the NCAA basketball tournament.  There is no Playmakers so any idea where they will have or if they will have the NCAA games on?  If not, is the ship internet strong enough where my husband could stream some of the games on his IPad?  

I'm sure they will be showing them somewhere for sure! Just on Harmony last month, we watched one NFL game on the big screens in Aqua Theater area. Right next to that is Sabers, which had multiple tv's showing football games (although their bar area is small, so if you watch here you'll be in the dining area and probably need to order some food!)

Beyond that, i'm sure there will be bars around the ship with tv's showing sports....

On 12/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, LuvtheWater117 said:

We will be sailing on Harmony during Spring Break and the NCAA basketball tournament.  There is no Playmakers so any idea where they will have or if they will have the NCAA games on?  If not, is the ship internet strong enough where my husband could stream some of the games on his IPad?  

TVs were just upgraded to make streaming easier. 2 espn channels and a music only channel. Usually they have sports on the dive show area but chaging dive crew they have been practicing all day. 

Wifi here is excellent. New my tv upgrade week before last. 

PS I'm on for 3 weeks, 1 more week if you want pictures. ESPN 1 and espn 2. On your tv now. 

Edited by firefly333

On 12/5/2023 at 12:40 PM, Biker19 said:

Yes.

Idk what "my tv" is exactly but this ship just got the tv upgrades. Folio and stuff is on a tv channel I'm thinking is new? And something for easier streaming. I dont know how to stream but it's supposed to be upgraded. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Folio and stuff is on a tv channel I'm thinking is new?

Account info is usually a menu option, not a channel. They may have added casting to the TV (from a mobile device) which newer ships (from Odyssey onward) have.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Account info is usually a menu option, not a channel. They may have added casting to the TV (from a mobile device) which newer ships (from Odyssey onward) have.

Now it's a place to click. See the last one down, click where it says account. Settings is where I imagine streaming is now set up. I can take a picture might have meaning to you. 

I do t remember national geographic channel either. This is the new upgrade they did thanksgiving week on harmony which is the ship op is asking about. If I show you settings do you know how to explain to them. Settings is also now a place to click.

Also a place for current menu and compass is  different place to click. And new remotes that are for streaming I'm told. Does this explain or I can show more pictures while I'm charging up. 

I also got 19.99 with my coupon for wifi. Cheapest I've seen. Was 27.99, reduced 2 days ago to 25.99. So wifi was only 19.99 so I splurged early. 

20231207_113008.jpg

20231207_113131.jpg

20231207_000343929.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Here I took a picture where I clicked the account main setting ... not the same as the cruise compass setting for menus. A channel. 

This is all new to harmony 2 weeks ago. 

20231207_114429.jpg

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If I show you settings do you know how to explain to them.

The OP wants to stream a sports event to their device - the cabin TV would only come into play if they wanted to cast it there (and it doesn't look that they added that). The new menu and TV layout won't help them.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The OP wants to stream a sports event to their device - the cabin TV would only come into play if they wanted to cast it there (and it doesn't look that they added that). The new menu and TV layout won't help them.

Someone said the new remotes are what helps with streaming... I have no idea other than remotes also new. 

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ok biker I just happened to see the streaming info. Dont know what hes saying ... butnhere it is..

@Biker19 .. see below .. streaming was added.

Update on the tv upgrade situation: 
(Shared from my Harmony page) 

“OK, here you go....while on the Nov 12, 2023 Harmony cruise out of Galveston, Their IT group came by the cabin and "upgraded" the software on the TV and gave us a new remote.  They were doing the entire ship that cruise....  here is the good part, you can now tune the TV to channel 31, the HDMI input and be able to connect an external device (phone, laptop, iPad etc.) to HDMI slot 1 on the back of the TV and play whatever you have on your device.  Really clean interface now.  Thanks Royal...”

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

see below .. streaming was added.

Having access to the HDMI port to connect via a cable is different than casting wirelessly - though I suppose the OP could do that as well (they'd need a cable from their device to the TV).

Their main question was the bandwidth and reliability of the internet to be able to watch an online sporting event - not sure they cared much about how exactly to view it other than on their existing mobile device.

• Like 1