Concerns about changes to upcoming Grandeur ports

the_dylaness

This is an issue for all cruise lines. I see it daily.

I cannot stand the idea of people booking a cruise without being informed by their TA that the ports are subject to change without warning. Why are people mad at the cruise line and not their TAs? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I cannot stand the idea of people booking a cruise without being informed by their TA that the ports are subject to change without warning. Why are people mad at the cruise line and not their TAs? 

Agree with you. But it would seem that this present issue involves Grandeur perhaps not being completely ready? That, would be Regents fault, if true.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Pcardad, everybody knows that is in the contract.  That isn't the issue.  Why are the booked clients being held financially responsible when it was Regent who launched a ship without the ability to generate it's own electrical power, thereby having to cancel ports, said clients booked?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Agree with you. But it would seem that this present issue involves Grandeur perhaps not being completely ready? That, would be Regents fault, if true.

No ship ever leaves the shipyard 100% perfect. Ever. Again...this is something that, if people don't know, their TA should tell them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

No ship ever leaves the shipyard 100% perfect. Ever. Again...this is something that, if people don't know, their TA should tell them. 

True, but then why launch?  Oh, money, that is why.

2 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Pcardad, everybody knows that is in the contract.  That isn't the issue.  Why are the booked clients being held financially responsible when it was Regent who launched a ship without the ability to generate it's own electrical power, thereby having to cancel ports, said clients booked?

I read the email - it was so vague that I can't tell you the reason for the re-schedule. My guess is that they needed an extra day in LA to get something done and lost their spots in Mexico and had to re-book where there was capacity...but this is only a guess.

• Like 2

Just now, Pcardad said:

I read the email - it was so vague that I can't tell you the reason for the re-schedule. My guess is that they needed an extra day in LA to get something done and lost their spots in Mexico and had to re-book where there was capacity...but this is only a guess.

Hopefully our July Grandeur cruise will be the usual Regent life they offer. Suite 1012.....love it.

Just now, Pcardad said:

As I have been saying for years...Regent does the right thing in the end. Sometimes, you just need to be patient and let the situation play out.

It is a great credit, amount wise.  I would not be able to take advantage of it unfortunately but good for those who can.

Just now, Pcardad said:

As I have been saying for years...Regent does the right thing in the end. Sometimes, you just need to be patient and let the situation play out.

Agree 100%. Once when they failed to pick me up at airport I took cab for 60. I thought they’d just reimburse me. That plus 200 obc

Don't get wrong - I love my country, even though they don't always get it right.  I love my husband, and boy he doesn't always get it right either.  I love Regent, but I just don't think they got it right in this circumstance, for now. Even in terms of a contract, Goodwill should always be taken into consideration.  Also, a good attorney good make the case that force majeure (covid, war) is implied when making a decision to cancel three ports and arriving back in LA a day early.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Don't get wrong - I love my country, even though they don't always get it right.  I love my husband, and boy he doesn't always get it right either.  I love Regent, but I just don't think they got it right in this circumstance, for now. Even in terms of a contract, Goodwill should always be taken into consideration.  Also, a good attorney good make the case that force majeure (covid, war) is implied when making a decision to cancel three ports and arriving back in LA a day early.  

Good will = FCC they are offering. Good luck suing them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fijoho said:

Yes we are in the UK and yes we are booked on this cruise

If you are not happy, have you informed Regent(UK) that you wish to cancel for a full refund on the basis of a "significant change" (Clause 11(1)(c) of the UK Ts&Cs)

We will still go and still enjoy ourselves

I hope you have a fabulous time on the latest ship .......... with the added bonus of some compensation (FCC & OBC)

We have an 8th one already booked but I bet they won't let us use the FCC on that.

Based on our previous experience, Regent will allow you to apply the FCC to an already booked cruise prior to final payment date

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Good will = FCC they are offering. Good luck suing them.

I wouldn't even begin to think about suing.  First of all, I don't have a dog in this fight.  Second, I'm not a litigious kind of person.  I was just making a point.  As I said, I think Regent will end up doing the right thing.  It's just a shame they tried to hoodwink their clients and not be up front and honest about the problem from the beginning.  I know there is nothing I can write that will change your mind.  I will continue to cruise on Regent and enjoy every minute.

Just now, jjs217 said:

I’m a very good attorney

It’s a loser

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

FCC plus obc is extremely generous imo.  They were not legally obliged to do a thing 

Yes, the FCC is wonderful, but the original offer was only $500 per stateroom.  That is not wonderful.  And as I said, I'm sure Regent will end up doing the right thing.  Good for them.

10 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I wouldn't even begin to think about suing.  First of all, I don't have a dog in this fight.  Second, I'm not a litigious kind of person.  I was just making a point.  As I said, I think Regent will end up doing the right thing.  It's just a shame they tried to hoodwink their clients and not be up front and honest about the problem from the beginning.  I know there is nothing I can write that will change your mind.  I will continue to cruise on Regent and enjoy every minute.

I have roasted Regent before and I am sure I will again. See my recent post on the "other" page where I shared my thoughts about a GM who was too busy or "unavailable" to meet with a guest. I don't expect Regent to tell a guest everything...I wouldn't if I made that call....but I do expect them to make it right in the end...and like you, I have always seen them do so.

Just now, jjs217 said:

Yes, the FCC is wonderful, but the original offer was only $500 per stateroom.  That is not wonderful.  And as I said, I'm sure Regent will end up doing the right thing.  Good for them.

The 500 obc is not the offer. That’s history 

it’s 500 plus 20% of cruise fare as fcc

that is fabulous 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

They need time to evaluate and address an issue. It's not 1 person making the call, it is a process. I respectfully suggest that the end result has proven to be worth the patience required to get there.

• Like 2