RC Best Price Guarantee Question

On Royal’s site they advertise the Best Price Guarantee, T&Cs below. Does this apply as well to bookings made through a TA (assuming the price drop is found on Royal’s site per the terms)?

We booked yesterday through a TA and are inside final payment period so would only be eligible for OBC, but the exact same stateroom category dropped on our sailing on Royal’s site. Wondering if I call Royal (or my TA??) if they will give the difference back in OBC. 

You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

Terms & Conditions

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee applies to the cruise rate only. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee will not apply to government fees and taxes and/or any fuel supplement charge. Lower rates must be Royal Caribbean's publicly advertised rates available to the general public. Group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Royal Caribbean to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates are ineligible. To submit a Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim, please click on the link above and complete all the required information. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. The lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for reserving at the time Royal Caribbean reviews your submitted Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim form. All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee is applicable to North American reservations only.

53 minutes ago, jaredgold33 said:

We booked yesterday through a TA and are inside final payment period so would only be eligible for OBC, but the exact same stateroom category dropped on our sailing on Royal’s site. Wondering if I call Royal (or my TA??) if they will give the difference back in OBC. 

The TA would need to do that, and it should qualify. The only catch may be that the new lower price you are seeing may be limited to new bookings (usually for prices listed in the GGG flier which comes out on Tuesdays) only so that could exclude your price drop.

• Like 1

The TA has to make the call for you.  This can get hairy when a) it might be less commission and b) it takes time to contact them and then for them to contact Royal. Forward thinking the commission shouldn't be an issue, but have run into issues in the past.

6 hours ago, jaredgold33 said:

Along with what was posted, since you are past final payment, you do not get price drops. Nobody does, regardless of how they booked. However, you could look at a cabin upgrade.

42 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Along with what was posted, since you are past final payment, you do not get price drops. Nobody does, regardless of how they booked. However, you could look at a cabin upgrade.

You do for the OP's circumstances - within 48 hours of booking within final payment window.

Biker, who would consult the GGG flier before booking a cruise on a Monday within final payment window.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1