Live from Norwegian Breakaway (Western Caribbean) - December 17-24, 2023

HoosierShipmate

5 minutes ago, IamPEBJ said:

They have American Dinner as complementary this morning for breakfast but no one else seems to have noticed so I have it all to myself 😃

I've never tried that. What's your experience there? We often skip breakfast, but I'd like to try the American Dinner on our next cruise. Interested in the menu and your take on the quality, etc.

Doug

7 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I've never tried that. What's your experience there? We often skip breakfast, but I'd like to try the American Dinner on our next cruise. Interested in the menu and your take on the quality, etc.

Doug

@PaperSniper4 Apparently it is for breakfast on port days.  The buffet is full but I am literally the only one here besides workers. It is a small buffet but I'll take the small crowd over larger selection any day.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, IamPEBJ said:

@PaperSniper4 Apparently it is for breakfast on port days.  The buffet is full but I am literally the only one here besides workers. It is a small buffet but I'll take the small crowd over larger selection any day.

Thanks. I share your sentiments on the crowd!

Doug

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IamPEBJ said:

Told you I would report on the Avocado wrap. It was good but could have used a lot more avocado. The eggs were perfect.

20240104_075328.jpg

@IamPEBJ I saw that the American Diner was now complimentary - love that change but wish it had been prior - options near the pool for lunch needed the addition.  As to the eggs. . . . I believe somebody might have thoughts on those eggs, waiting to see! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

This was a terrific review! Thank you for writing it and sharing your food and experiences.

@YVRteacher My pleasure. I actually loved doing it and might plan my next cruise sooner just to do it again!  I plan to do a ‘wrap up’ but between being so busy and also feeling like ‘ending’ something seems like I keep putting it off 🙂

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HoosierShipmate said:

@IamPEBJ I saw that the American Diner was now complimentary - love that change but wish it had been prior - options near the pool for lunch needed the addition.  As to the eggs. . . . I believe somebody might have thoughts on those eggs, waiting to see! 🙂

Both were fully runny. They were perfect for me! 🤣

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HoosierShipmate said:

Probably ok but I would have to determine if they're runny or  not.

• Haha 3

Thanks so much for the dailies & the info. The end of Feb we are on the Breakaway and we are figuring out what we want to see & do. I would like to try all 3 dining rooms and I see on your dailies Jazz at 7:30 in Manhattan. 

Do they have music during dinner every evening there, or is this a special dinner & needs reservations? I have heard it is set up like a supper club.

Was the Box Office to see the weeks show schedule & sign up for shows on deck 6 at the comedy club?  Thanks 

7 hours ago, eltigre said:

Thanks so much for the dailies & the info. The end of Feb we are on the Breakaway and we are figuring out what we want to see & do. I would like to try all 3 dining rooms and I see on your dailies Jazz at 7:30 in Manhattan. 

Do they have music during dinner every evening there, or is this a special dinner & needs reservations? I have heard it is set up like a supper club.

Was the Box Office to see the weeks show schedule & sign up for shows on deck 6 at the comedy club?  Thanks 

We didn’t do reservations, just used the ability to show up and get a pager - sometimes there were wait times and I’m guessing near the performance time perhaps more so.  It’s a huge room, with a stage - so you might be really close (super loud) or perhaps far away. We were very close and honestly could see well but would have preferred to be away from the stage and able to enjoy the music but still talk at our table. There is dancing, but the odds of seeing me on the dance floor are slim to none 🙂. — The comedians when we went were in the main theater several times so we didn’t do comedy in the smaller club. I think it’s first come first served when they’re in the club. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierShipmate said:

We didn’t do reservations, just used the ability to show up and get a pager - sometimes there were wait times and I’m guessing near the performance time perhaps more so.  It’s a huge room, with a stage - so you might be really close (super loud) or perhaps far away. We were very close and honestly could see well but would have preferred to be away from the stage and able to enjoy the music but still talk at our table. There is dancing, but the odds of seeing me on the dance floor are slim to none 🙂. — The comedians when we went were in the main theater several times so we didn’t do comedy in the smaller club. I think it’s first come first served when they’re in the club. 

We did reservations every time and was glad. There were lines every day and waits up to an hour at each one at times.

47 minutes ago, IamPEBJ said:

We did reservations every time and was glad. There were lines every day and waits up to an hour at each one at times.

Were you able to do same day reservations? Or did you book in advance for manhattan room?

14 minutes ago, HoosierShipmate said:

Were you able to do same day reservations? Or did you book in advance for manhattan room?

In my case I made reservations for every evening in advance. For both out two specialty dinners and the regular ones. I made reservations early as I could,  I think was about 90 days prior to our sail date.

Doug

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:11 AM, eltigre said:

Is there music every night in the Manhattan room?  Any idea as to what time it starts?

I believe every dinner has music in the Manhattan room, but can’t remember if t hey have predetermined times, or just perform for a while, take a break, return,etc. - the dailies may have info on that (see prior posts) - and when the music is - but I’ve never eaten in there and not had music at all. Perhaps the first seating times or last might be silent?

• Like 2