Drone for Photography?

-The-True-North-

Hey,

Does anyone know, or has anyone personally bought a Camera Drone (DJI or equivalent) used for video onboard? I don't mean to USE while onboard, I simply mean having it in Luggage. It would only be used in countries that allow it, and outside ports.

I know Honduras, Roatan specifically, allows the use of Drones.

Thanks

13 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Answering my own question.

No. While we understand that you may legally be able to fly a drone at certain ports along your voyage, we do not allow drones aboard our Lady Ships. They will be confiscated pre-voyage and returned upon arrival at our home port. 

I've seen some people on this forum and on reddit that have had some success getting authorization to bring their drones ahead of time.  They were able to contact VV and get in writing that is was ok to bring as long as they never flew it while onboard the ship.  Something maybe worth checking into.  I have never tried to bring my drone, though I would LOVE to be able to.  Little FPV around the islands!

I brought my drone on my last NCL cruise to Mexico out of Los Angeles. I simply put it inside my backpack and carried it on. The security didn't blink an eye. The key was removing the propellers beforehand and storing them in my checked in luggage. This made it nearly impossible to identify what it was going through the x-ray machine and they just ignored it. I never flew it from the ship and only flew it in port.

• 3 weeks later...