Princess FCD

We have 6 FCD's active with Princess.

We are thinking of booking the 2026WC and I was wondering if we can use two of these FCD's toward our booking and get the extra $300 OBC that we would be entitled to receive?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Jenny

we

Hi Jenny

You can't use the FCD's for WC's or cruises over about 50 days I think it is,

But you can use them for a discount of the world cruise.

The discount is about 3% on the price less port etc charges, or was, may have change recently.

Your TA or who ever you book with will know how to claim it.

Its actually a better deal, than the FCD deal.

Regards

Future Cruise Deposits are only valid for two years, after which the $100 cost will be refunded. FCDs can't be used as the deposit on the WC because of the length of the cruise. Also because of the length of the cruise, there are two substantial deposits that have to be made (unless you book in segments).

Trying to remember back to 2018 when I booked the 2020 WC - I booked it in segments (Brisbane-Dubai, Dubai-London, London-New York, New York-Brisbane). I did that to get the shareholders credit multiplied by four rather than just one. I seem to remember I was able to use the FCD and get the relevant OBC, but I am not absolutely sure about that. I don't have time to look back through my files to check on it. Your travel agent would know. I am sure about the multiple shareholders' credits. When I booked the 2023 WC, segments were no longer available so I couldn't get the multiple OBCs.

• Like 1

You can use 1× FCD pp to get your 3% discount. Two FCDs will not give 6%.

Worth looking at segments to get around this, but it would be useful to keep the same cabin. For booking 2025 WC, it was 1000's cheaper to book the whole cruise than to book in segments.

Thanks for your advise and I didn't realise that we could use 2xFCD each to get a 6% discount. I just calculated the reduction using the 4 FCD's and it is over $6800- not bad for a $400 investment!!! I would rather the 6% discount than the $600 OBC that we would have received if we'd used it on shorter cruises.

I also calculated the fare in the same cabin for the 2 segments- Syd-Dov and Dov-Syd and it was over $8000 dearer than booking the entire cruise Syd-Syd

All of your advise has been invaluable- as always.

Thanks again,

Jenny

34 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks for your advise and I didn't realise that we could use 2xFCD each to get a 6% discount. I just calculated the reduction using the 4 FCD's and it is over $6800- not bad for a $400 investment!!! I would rather the 6% discount than the $600 OBC that we would have received if we'd used it on shorter cruises.

I also calculated the fare in the same cabin for the 2 segments- Syd-Dov and Dov-Syd and it was over $8000 dearer than booking the entire cruise Syd-Syd

All of your advise has been invaluable- as always.

Thanks again,

Jenny

I thought it was only 3%.

The discount doesn't apply to taxes and port fees, so it isn't a straight calculation off the total fare. Talk to Princess or your T/A to get a clear price before committing.

15 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Oops, I misread your previous post.  Though 6% would have been nice 🤣🤣

Will definitely check before we consider booking.

Thanks again

It is still a pretty good deal, and I wish we had them at hand when we booked 2025. The main reason they apply long cruises differently, is that large numbers would otherwise "hold" a cabin with a $100 deposit, then change their mind when the 2nd deposit became due.

PS: That means you also need to find another cruise to use the remaining FCDs.

Edited by arxcards

5 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Never a problem there to find another cruise 🤣

Thanks for the explanation about the FCD's on cruises over 50 days- makes sense.

I think FCD are only good for cruises up to 44 days 

• Like 1