New menus started in November?

cookiersmom

Has anyone experienced the "improved " menu promise via video by the CEO of Celebrity I October?   Supposedly improved offerings,  better choices,  return of everyday menu,  etc?   Is it really improved with more variety? 

Thanks 

I believe they started the end of November/early December.  We disembarked 11/25 and I think the new menus started on the Edge that evening.

You can check in the app for any current sailing and see the menus currently being offered.

Yep, they started rolling out in November and at this point should be rolled out across the entire fleet... And just for context, I've looked at what the Eclipse has now in MDR and Blu and it seems to me to be basically the same as what MDR and Blu offered before the recent cutbacks...

So, depending on your perspective, it may be just a return to normal (if you've cruised with Celebrity in the past before this year), an improvement (if your first cruise was this year with the cutbacks), or just confusing if you've never been on Celebrity before.

IMHO, Celebrity's food quality at the included venues has for many years been among the best in the industry.

Edited by someguyfl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Yep, they started rolling out in November and at this point should be rolled out across the entire fleet... And just for context, I've looked at what the Eclipse has now in MDR and Blu and it seems to me to be basically the same as what MDR and Blu offered before the recent cutbacks...

So, depending on your perspective, it may be just a return to normal (if you've cruised with Celebrity in the past before this year), an improvement (if your first cruise was this year with the cutbacks), or just confusing if you've never been on Celebrity before.

IMHO, Celebrity's food quality at the included venues has for many years been among the best in the industry.

The one thing about Celebrity's app is, it's consistently inconsistent. Especially with dining venue menus pre cruise. 

• Like 1

We were on the November 25 Reflection sailing and had the new menus. The food and offerings were excellent. Even the buffet was very good. My parents cruised with us and thought the food was much better than their last Princess cruise. My mother must eat gluten-free and was very happy with all the options she had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, doghog said:

The one thing about Celebrity's app is, it's consistently inconsistent. Especially with dining venue menus pre cruise. 

Which is why I suggested selecting a current sailing to look at the menus.   We have found that the app is about 95% accurate for menus when we are on the ship, before the cruise not so much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No set number of days, however the order of the menus may not be correct until you are a day or so before boarding. If you want to see the current menus in the app go to Browse our Ships then select your ship and then select the current sailing.  That will show the menus that are being offered on the ship now.

On 12/9/2023 at 12:16 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

We were on the November 25 Reflection sailing and had the new menus. The food and offerings were excellent. Even the buffet was very good. My parents cruised with us and thought the food was much better than their last Princess cruise. My mother must eat gluten-free and was very happy with all the options she had.

I am gluten-free and did not find a lot of options on our cruise on the edge last year. I did find a gluten-free pizza and the Oceanview Café that was pretty good. Just curious if there was a lot more options . at dinner, they would always make sure there were some sliced gluten-free bread, but after two nights, I just opted not to have any bread at all it was OK but did not need it!