Shuttle from Port to FLL Airport-WAITLISTED?

CruiserKris34

fly and Sail…it was to Miami so 45 minute drive. it took so long because we had to wait for them to load 3 buses to Fort Lauderdale with all the people and all the luggage before our bus to Miami showed up then it took a long time to get all the luggage for our bus to get put on as it was one guy doing it who was not young and not in good shape that’s why it took so long and why I recommended not booking the shuttle and just taking a cab or Uber

• Like 1

At my office I have a few co-workers that fly into/out of Miami and FLL. They have come back with stories of getting into taxis and the drivers go the longer way to where they need to go. They all have their GPS up so when questioned the drivers, they get angry.  One driver dropped off one at the hotel but it was in the back and they go to take a pee in the bushes in front of her.  The few times I tried Uber there none of them could speak English so it was really hard to explain to them where I wanted to go.  I'm OK with cruise line buses or the hotel picking me up at the airport. Bottom line - you do what you feel safe and enjoy your trip! 

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Why wait that long if you see the driver isn't near? Cancel immediately.

We didn't know until after 20 minutes I saw he was on the I-95 and wondered why.  So if we canceled who knows how much longer the wait would be. Once he arrived he said he'd never been to the FLL Airport.  Last year I was going to Riverside hotel and taxi asked me where I was going he already had 3 passengers in van and quoted me $35. I said no thanks then he said quietly how about $20. Sounded good to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Definately use Uber or lyft- not expensive and you will go directly to your ship.   Easy- Or we take a regular taxii.

Nope. Takes forever to arrive and you'll have surge pricing since everybody wants to get one. Easily exceeds the $20 for a cab.

long ago pre Ubers, we signed up for an easy share shuttle (forgot exact co name) from Miami to FLL airport..

It was like "Mr Toad's  Wild Ride" .. driver had no clue, got lost and not much in the way of  English lang skills..

We were happy to arrive in one piece.  Upon  complaint, we got a refund to our card..NOT a future credit..

travels used to be easy