Gratuities

juanita1767

If you mean that the “Open Bar Gratuities”, typically $305.20 on a 7 day cruise, have been paid ( by you or a TA or someone else) as part of the total cruise cost, then no, you are not “required” to pay any additional beverage package related gratuities.

However, you will most likely get a wide variety of feedback on what you should or shouldn’t do re: additional tipping.

Any additional gratuities should be based on whatever you feel comfortable with.

35 minutes ago, juanita1767 said:

Thanks everyone, we usually cruise celebrity but our daughter and son in law is cruising NCL and I was unfamiliar with how NCL does it. 

It's pretty complicated if you don't sail NCL a lot, so no harm no foul.

The main gist of it is, the "gratuities" I think you're referring to being pre-paid are likely your daily service charges, which go to your stateroom steward and back of house folks.  bar/restaurant staff don't get those.  

The bev and dining ones, they do. 

6 hours ago, juanita1767 said:

If I book a cruise and I get pre paid gratuities am I also required to pay and additional gratuity on my beverage package that is included? 

Your account statement should have a notation that your gratuities (meaning the DSC) has been paid.

The grats on your FAS bar option are listed separately and are part of what you need to pay at final due date.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, juanita1767 said:

Can you pay it per drink or does it need to be paid up front? 

You are paying grats on the package price for unlimited drinks. The same is true for the free specialty dining. You need to pay both by final payment date. 

At time of service, no additional grats are required. However, many will tip the bar waiter or bartender a buck.