Successful travel insurance claims?

gddo

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

There are many times that I have read things here, get excited, then cannot duplicate in a policy purchased in Canada.  And, many of the insurance companies that Americans have available to them do not sell in Canada.  I am sure that this is the same for UK and Australia.

I know my Allianz plan can be sold in US and British Columbia (only). Pretty bizarre.

53 minutes ago, Coral said:

I know my Allianz plan can be sold in US and British Columbia (only). Pretty bizarre.

I just looked at Allianz online and I CAN buy in Ontario, but I don't know if it is the exact plan you have.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:27 AM, CDNPolar said:

I just looked at Allianz online and I CAN buy in Ontario, but I don't know if it is the exact plan you have.

My plan was designed for the travel agency I use (which has probably 2500+ franchises). I have no doubt these insurance companies have hundreds of policies.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I have Arch RoamRight for my Tahiti cruise in July.  Unfortunately I am having significant back surgery in a few days and won’t be able to travel by July.  Award airfare was all easy to cancel with miles returned to my account.  Hotels pre and post cruise also cancelled with return of deposit.  Cruise is within 90 days and fully paid ($9k) and not refundable. Within about 10 days of filing the claim I am getting full reimbursement from the insurance company.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FlightMedic555 said:

I have Arch RoamRight for my Tahiti cruise in July.  Unfortunately I am having significant back surgery in a few days and won’t be able to travel by July.  Award airfare was all easy to cancel with miles returned to my account.  Hotels pre and post cruise also cancelled with return of deposit.  Cruise is within 90 days and fully paid ($9k) and not refundable. Within about 10 days of filing the claim I am getting full reimbursement from the insurance company.

Thanks for sharing ..

On 12/13/2023 at 2:01 PM, gddo said:

Has anyone had to make any travel insurance claims?  If so, which companies were easy, no hassle?  Are there any companies that were difficult to deal with in terms of claims?  Thanks!

I have recently posted about a forfeited deposit (and no insurance coverage) resulting from Silversea not timely purchasing insurance.  However, in a different cruise reservation, recently, i had to cancel the cruise the day prior to departure as a result of my wife's brother sudden death.  The entire cruise fare was forfeited.  The insurance claim thru Allianz (purchased thru SS) was efficiently handled in about three weeks, and full reimbursement was made.  The insurance worked just as intended.  

• Like 1