Zuiderdam

Niagarawine

We were on the Zuiderdam this past May on a TA.  Honestly, it was refreshing to get back to that class of ship after four consecutive voyages on the K-Dam.  Missed NY pizza, but the Zuiderdam has everything we like.  Great library, wide promenade, and a bar in the Crow's nest that actually has stools.  Never a dull moment during the TA.

@mawvkysc click the "follow" button under the 5 stars at the top of this post

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

We were on the Zuiderdam this past May on a TA.  Honestly, it was refreshing to get back to that class of ship after four consecutive voyages on the K-Dam.  Missed NY pizza, but the Zuiderdam has everything we like.  Great library, wide promenade, and a bar in the Crow's nest that actually has stools.  Never a dull moment during the TA.

Sounds wonderful.Did you do a review?

There is no follow button under the stars. Not on my iPhone or iPad. 

Edited by mawvkysc

2 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

There is no follow button under the stars. Not on my iPhone or iPad. 

True...just noticed that..  Hopefully someone can weigh in with help on the mobile versions.

I did not do a review, but we hit 100 days on HA on that cruise and the Zuiderdam is a wonderful ship.  We love the Music Walk, Gallery Bar, the Lido and all of the trivia, bingo and other activities.  The staff were outstanding - as always.

You will enjoy Zuiderdam for your TA.  Big production shows is not a HA thing by the way and for us, the food options never disappoint.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

Good to know,eyeing transatlantic

My first HAL cruise was on Zuiderdam in 2006 and my next Zuiderdam cruise will be on the TA in May 2024!  I'm looking forward to being onboard to see the ship after all the renovations in the last 18 years!!  

Zuiderdam will be used for the world cruise again in 2024.

~Nancy

8 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

How is she doing. I was seeing a cruise from Boston , through Bermuda and down to the Caribbean that sounds lovely. I have only said on Pinaccle class ships.

We are booked on the previous cruise which does a round trip Boston and visits the Caribbean, Panama canal partial and Port Canaveral.
As we have just returned from Westerdam we know what to expect. For us an added bonus was shorter and cheaper flights from Amsterdam.

• Like 1