Upgrade

catz821

You might not find out about an upgrade until after you've boarded.

We've eaten dinner with people on the first night that haven't unpacked because they were still hoping to be notified of an upgrade.

Acceptances can come anytime.  A few days before the cruise is a pretty common timeframe.  It can be sooner.  Our bid for our upcoming cruise (next Saturday) was accepted at about the same time the cruise sold out.  That was about a month out.  

Recently when our bids have not been accepted (which is the fate of most bids), we have received our denial emails the evening prior to sailing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yesterday we received notice of our upgrade for New Year’s on Odyssey. Went from a balcony to a junior suite with a mid-way bid. 

We are on this sailing.  Pretty low minimums for bids.  I bid $25 above the minimum for yhe JS snd GS on a Longshot.  Congratulations on getting yours. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are on this sailing.  Pretty low minimums for bids.  I bid $25 above the minimum for yhe JS snd GS on a Longshot.  Congratulations on getting yours. 

It’s funny how the minimums can be pretty low on some cruises and pretty high on others.  Recently the minimums on my Wonder cruises, for example, have been so high I have declined to bid on many categories, sometimes almost all categories. 

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It’s funny how the minimums can be pretty low on some cruises and pretty high on others.  Recently the minimums on my Wonder cruises, for example, have been so high I have declined to bid on many categories, sometimes almost all categories. 

Obstructed balcony to GS, minimum was $130 Canadian. That would be nice. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Obstructed balcony to GS, minimum was $130 Canadian. That would be nice. 

Yes, I’d agree that is a pretty low minimum bid.  That would be nice.  On a couple recent Wonder cruises, I think OV balcony to GS were over $1000 US pp minimum.  On another Wonder cruise, inside to OV balcony is $395 US pp minimum.

• Like 1