Rough Ride on Onward

tgg

6 hours ago, Dr H said:

The cruise booklet is part of an e-mail that Azamara sends out to only its most favored, important, beautiful and witty customers. Only the most important get it, and obviously I have just arrived. My wife has not. Basically, it's an electronic "booklet" that has your confirmation, boarding passes, rules and regulations, and shore excursions listed. Several folks in the UK posted on CC about having received theirs prior to our last cruise, we, alas, did not. I take it that you will be on the Rio trip? If you get the email, congrats. You don't need it, but it did stoke my ego for a moment. If you didn't, please, don't fret! David

14 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Embarkation was horrendous. We arrived about 1:15 and found the terminal was full to bursting - found out later that all those with Azamara transfers had been picked up from their hotels at 11:30. There were very few check-in desks open, we finally got onboard at about 4:30.

David- thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of this. I'll have our travel agent contact Azamara for this info. 

Grandma- oh no. That is a long time. Hopefully they have learned from that experience and improvements will be made. 

5 hours ago, gsutiger2 said:

David- thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of this. I'll have our travel agent contact Azamara for this info. 

Grandma- oh no. That is a long time. Hopefully they have learned from that experience and improvements will be made. 

This was a Rio problem, not Azamara’s fault. Although it would have gone a little smoother it all of the transfers had not arrived at once. Let us know how it goes for you. At least the terminal is air conditioned!

54 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

This was a Rio problem, not Azamara’s fault. Although it would have gone a little smoother it all of the transfers had not arrived at once. Let us know how it goes for you. At least the terminal is air conditioned!

Quite right, mostly embarkation issues are down to the port staff, not Azamara.

• Like 1

In the U.S. at least, after you book with a travel agent/advisor, Azamara will not deal directly with you regarding most anything. That’s out of respect for the TA, who has done the work. If your TA is familiar with Azamara he or she will send all relevant documents  to you. If you think something is missing, that’s who you should call,

Melissa

• Like 1