Reviews of Sapphire Princess?

latebuyer

2 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

From my Dec 2022 Sapphire Antarctica experience, yes internet is weak to non-existent when cruising Antarctica.  If strong internet access at all times is a high priority for you, then Antarctica is probably not the best destination.

FWIW, my DH and I are booked on the Dec 2024 Sapphire Antarctica cruise. It was such a beautiful and unique experience that we thought we'd do it again. Hopefully, this time weather will cooperate and we'll make Punta Arenas, Port Stanley, and the originally planned Antarctica route.

Everything I've read and watched about Antarctica seems to indicate that you just have to be really flexible and open to the adventure of it all. I'm sure that includes internet access too! I was reading through a Princess Antarctica live thread (from 2023, I think) and they said the internet was pretty strong. Fortunately it's not a must-have for us, so we'd never turn down that itinerary based on internet access. Hope you have an amazing trip next December. We just might be on that ship with you!

• Like 1

Am on the Sapphire Princess now. Have been on since we left LA on 1 December. Internet has been very good so far the whole trip. Spoke to the internet manager and asked him if internet would be spotty in Antarctica and he said due to Starlink he did not believe we would lose the internet there. We shall see. For the 2nd year running, this ship one the #1 customer service award in the entire Princess Fleet. Service has been very good in the dining room and our room steward is amazing. Of course the cruise is what you make it, and everything is not always perfect. But having been on the ship for nearly 3 weeks, my wife and I are very happy. 

• Like 7

Love the extra wide Promenade on Sapphire. Also love being able to read in The Conservatory. The only thing I miss on Sapphire is Adagio but I can definitely say it's one of my favorite Princess ships.

• Like 4

On 12/20/2023 at 5:52 PM, eaflorida said:

Am on the Sapphire Princess now. Have been on since we left LA on 1 December. Internet has been very good so far the whole trip. Spoke to the internet manager and asked him if internet would be spotty in Antarctica and he said due to Starlink he did not believe we would lose the internet there. We shall see. For the 2nd year running, this ship one the #1 customer service award in the entire Princess Fleet. Service has been very good in the dining room and our room steward is amazing. Of course the cruise is what you make it, and everything is not always perfect. But having been on the ship for nearly 3 weeks, my wife and I are very happy. 

I see you just got finished cursing near Elephant Island and are heading towards the Antarctica Peninsula.

image.thumb.png.b997ad90ece21e7aac147894a45ae09d.png

That's great news about the Starlink service cruising around the Peninsula, as I plan on posting to a Live From thread on our 30-day B2B that we will be embarking in San Antonio on Jan 20.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the positive feedback - we are planning on the 32day Buenos Aires to LA in March

We do anytime dining with request a specific time and usually like more midship dining room - see that there is Pacific Moon and Santa Fe - any thoughts on which is best or if we are missing a better option?   Thank you so much for your help!  Stay well and safe

1 hour ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you for all the positive feedback - we are planning on the 32day Buenos Aires to LA in March

We do anytime dining with request a specific time and usually like more midship dining room - see that there is Pacific Moon and Santa Fe - any thoughts on which is best or if we are missing a better option?   Thank you so much for your help!  Stay well and safe

One deck below is Savoy and Vivaldi, the only difference is the decor. You might find waitstaff/decor to your liking in one of the dining rooms, which would sway your preference. 

On 12/19/2023 at 2:14 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree with what the others have said. The Sapphire is a wonderful ship for any itinerary but especially for Alaska. 

We just did B2B Alaska cruises in late July-August and I blogged about it starting here:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2023/07/an-anniversary-cruise-to-alaska.html

I read your review (and some more of your blog). Thank you for posting the link.

We are long-time Celebrity cruisers. DH is celebrating a BIG birthday in September 2025, and we wanted to celebrate with family and friends on an Alaskan cruise. After lots of research and with encouragement from our TA, we booked Princess (our first Princess cruise). Either of two Cruise Tours would work for our date, and when I asked DH if he would prefer spending his birthday on land or on the ship, he chose the ship. That meant we would be on the Sapphire instead of the Caribbean, so I booked the Sapphire. I am so pleased that it seems we made the right choice! I know that we are highly unlikely to experience the beautiful weather you had, especially at the beginning of September, but we're good with that. Our one other Alaska cruise was Inside Passage from Vancouver and back, and even dreary, rainy days (the first week of July) did not ruin the beauty that is Alaska!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I read your review (and some more of your blog). Thank you for posting the link.

We are long-time Celebrity cruisers. DH is celebrating a BIG birthday in September 2025, and we wanted to celebrate with family and friends on an Alaskan cruise. After lots of research and with encouragement from our TA, we booked Princess (our first Princess cruise). Either of two Cruise Tours would work for our date, and when I asked DH if he would prefer spending his birthday on land or on the ship, he chose the ship. That meant we would be on the Sapphire instead of the Caribbean, so I booked the Sapphire. I am so pleased that it seems we made the right choice! I know that we are highly unlikely to experience the beautiful weather you had, especially at the beginning of September, but we're good with that. Our one other Alaska cruise was Inside Passage from Vancouver and back, and even dreary, rainy days (the first week of July) did not ruin the beauty that is Alaska!

I think you made the perfect choice, and hope you have a wonderful birthday cruise (and the same great weather we enjoyed)! We were long time Celebrity cruisers when we took our first Princess cruise, too, so it’s possible you’ll find a new favorite. 

• Like 1