When does travel insurance coverage end? (generally)

KyleClark

Wife got sick on our cruise and wanted to go to an urgent care when we got off the ship.  We live close to the port, so this was confusing for me since it felt like our vacation ended once we stepped off the ship.  Is that generally how trip insurance works?  Does anyone have any experiences with this type of situation?

Thanks,

Kyle

2 hours ago, KyleClark said:

Wife got sick on our cruise and wanted to go to an urgent care when we got off the ship.  We live close to the port, so this was confusing for me since it felt like our vacation ended once we stepped off the ship.  Is that generally how trip insurance works?  Does anyone have any experiences with this type of situation?

Thanks,

Kyle

Don't have an exact answer. I would think it may depend on if you purchased this from the cruise line, or if you had a 3rd party policy.

My negative Nancy mind though tells me that by not seeing the medical doctor on the ship, you've given the insurance an open-ended invitation to deny any claim. Hope I'm wrong but I'm still on my first cup of coffee, so my positive side isn't awake yet.

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, KyleClark said:

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

You need to check your policy's wording. If you bought it from a Travel Insurance Agent, or someone else, like a Travel Agent, that earned a commision from your sale, in my opinion, they are morally obligated to help you with your claim.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1