Our 1st NCL cruise. Anyway to get points for it?

Jose Zalfadilla

Found these pix from our 1st cruise on NCL in July 1974. NCL was then known as Norwegian Caribbean Lines and only had 3 ships, Skyward, Southward, and Starward. We were on a 7-day cruise out of Miami on the Skyward, sailing to Puerto Plata, San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. John. Now, I'm wondering, is there any way the new NCL will give us 7 points for the cruise? 🤣 Their "find a missing cruise" option does not include our ship and other than the pix I have, I no longer have receipts ($350 each for the cruise or $700 total for the 2 of us newlyweds) or the daily news briefs we used to get every morning that included actual news from around the world, weather for the area we were visiting, and some light humor "quotes of the day." Or, will I waste my time trying to get the Miami office to believe me and at least give me honorary credits?

Skyward 1.jpg

Skyward 2.jpg

Edited by Jose Zalfadilla
Typos
  • Like 2

I would say call the NCL customer service number on the webpage and, armed with the date and sailing and being very polite and friendly, see if they would be able to give you the points for the old sailing?

The one issue might be that it's a different parent company. Norwegian Caribbean didn't merely change names, it was acquired by another company (Star Cruises). 

But it doesn't hurt to try. All you lose is some time on the phone.

• Thanks 1

From the Latitude Rewards information

• IMPORTANT: Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing. Effective 1-February 2016, missing cruises must be claimed within 12 months from the day the cruise ends, in order to receive Latitudes points. We are unable to respond to requests submitted after the 12 month deadline has expired.

So I'm afraid not.

I had a similar experience several years ago when sailing with Princess.

Tried to get credit for a Costa sailing. Quite a few years had passed and there also was a change in ownership (Carnival had acquired Princess & Costa in the interval.

That was a hard no. (but not unexpected).

6 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

From the Latitude Rewards information

• IMPORTANT: Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing. Effective 1-February 2016, missing cruises must be claimed within 12 months from the day the cruise ends, in order to receive Latitudes points. We are unable to respond to requests submitted after the 12 month deadline has expired.

So I'm afraid not.

Yes. I 'm aware of all their requirements, prohibitions, restrictions, etc., re. how to obtain back credit. Reviewing all of that was my first step since the credit had to come from NCL and not anyone else.  I just thought I'd place my question before this august board in case someone else had been able to obtain credit outside of the NCL stipulations that were pasted on here in red.  I'll admit my case is unusual, given the date and circumstances of my initial cruise. So...we'll see.

I love these photos! What great memories. Our first cruise was on the Starward in 1992, and I still miss some of the simpler aspects of "Traditional" cruising. We were successful in getting Latitudes credit for that cruise well after the fact, but it was before NCL changed their policy in 2016.

Based on others' experiences on this board, I am pretty sure NCL will not give you credit for your cruise. That said, if you go into the process of asking them with low expectations, all it costs you to ask is some time on the phone.

• Like 1