SFO MASSIVE DELAYS COMING

ATSEAMYLIFE

I just saw this article on SFGATE regarding planned "hours" long delays at SFO next year due to construction on the "sinking" runways.  If flying in/out of SFO next year you might want to plan accordingly.  https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/sfo-announces-2024-runway-project-18561498.php 

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Delays can happen anytime and anywhere. Key is to plan ahead and have options.

SFO is not the only airport with sinking runways, Kansai Int'l Airport (Japan) has sank about 8m since completion. 

Edited by Philob

On 12/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I just saw this article on SFGATE regarding planned "hours" long delays at SFO next year due to construction on the "sinking" runways.  If flying in/out of SFO next year you might want to plan accordingly.  https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/sfo-announces-2024-runway-project-18561498.php 

The only purpose of SFGate and other newspapers (online and offline) is to sell papers.  They "hours long delays" probably will not happen.  There may be some delays but not "hours long."

• Like 1

19 hours ago, damiross said:

The only purpose of SFGate and other newspapers (online and offline) is to sell papers.  They "hours long delays" probably will not happen.  There may be some delays but not "hours long."

I guess you could be correct in your assumptions.  

On 12/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I'm not sure who's more guilty of "click bait" here....SFGate or YOU! You say "HOURS" long delays while the article says 30-60 mins at peak times! Way to exaggerate! 

48 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

I'm not sure who's more guilty of "click bait" here....SFGate or YOU! You say "HOURS" long delays while the article says 30-60 mins at peak times! Way to exaggerate! 

They must have edited the article as the original headline used the term "hours", which was a quote.  I used "massive" in my Topic Headline.  I'm guessing SFGate to much pushback and edited their article.    

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE