New Princess App available

iamaqt2

36 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The app logon and the Internet logon are separate.

This is certainly true.  Not sure anyone suggested otherwise.  But you do make it clear.  It also doesn't matter what fare package people booked under.  Anyone with a 4-device plan can share the Internet access with family/friends - all anyone needs is the cabin and birthdate to use.

IMO the App is worthwhile on board.  It use ship's Intranet and doesn't require an Internet package to be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tkwbear said:

I had the same problem with the initial login from my iPhone. However I am able to see all current bookings.

It was fixed in one of the recent updates.

18 hours ago, jdacombe said:

Travelling at the end of April and the full events schedule for each day has been visible for about 2 weeks 

We are sailing April 14 and schedule only shows ports and excursions 

Waiting to see if the old app really "goes away" on March 8 as is plainly stated when opening it these days. Today is the 7th...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Waiting to see if the old app really "goes away" on March 8 as is plainly stated when opening it these days. Today is the 7th...

We’re on your cruise & we just added the Princess app to our Apple devices & thankfully everything transferred. We decided to wait as long as possible to hopefully get some of the glitches out & so far, so good. 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian2204 said:

Same here; sailing 4/4

The old Medallion app showed shipboard activity (Discovery) more than a month ago for our 4/3 cruise…what ship are you sailing on?

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

It’s still there, although not updating correctly.  
So, I would not use it anymore.

JMO

• Like 1

Mine never said it was going away so I just continued to use it.  Today everything seemed to update by itself without me doing anything and all items are functioning correctly thankfully! I was able to upload everything, fill out everything, etc for our 4/20 sailing...😀

• Like 1

After reading early negative reports about the Princess app, I haven’t followed this discussion. So without searching this lengthy discussion, is there still a function to locate other people in my group?

So far I am happy with the new Princess app which has been intuitive for me. 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

After reading early negative reports about the Princess app, I haven’t followed this discussion. So without searching this lengthy discussion, is there still a function to locate other people in my group?

So far I am happy with the new Princess app which has been intuitive for me. 👍

Yes. New App. See Bottom chat button..once OB.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5b8ad2bc6e7691756669b39583aad4c.jpeg

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t want to talk to them I just want to find out where they are. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

I don’t want to talk to them I just want to find out where they are. 

😂 I don’t want to talk to them either!  Just stalk them.

I haven’t used the location feature with the new app yet.

It should be available once you’re OB and log in. It has been reported it is still operable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

😂 I don’t want to talk to them either!  Just stalk them.

I haven’t used the location feature with the new app yet.

It should be available once you’re OB and log in. It has been reported it is still operable.

It helps us find what venue one of us is in rather than have to text each other

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I am hoping that added a notification to the chat feature of the new App.  With the old one you could send a message but no notification would be sent to the recipient.

A soft beep would be a welcome addition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

I am hoping that added a notification to the chat feature of the new App.  With the old one you could send a message but no notification would be sent to the recipient.

A soft beep would be a welcome addition.

I don’t believe that has changed.

I’ve heard it’s the same.

• Like 1

I deleted the old app today.  In the new app I still show as Ruby even though I am 1 cruise away from Elite.  New app History shows 2 cruises but not my last cruise. Online I appear as Platinum and can see all cruises.  

7 hours ago, CurtisMan said:

I deleted the old app today.  In the new app I still show as Ruby even though I am 1 cruise away from Elite.  New app History shows 2 cruises but not my last cruise. Online I appear as Platinum and can see all cruises.  

The App is still not showing the loyalty status correctly for many guests, me included.  I have reported it to IT a few times since the new App was released.

When they updated the new App to show our future cruises, it caused other issues for some of us. SMH

I would not worry about that or the completed cruises shown on the App.

Most important thing is that your account on the website is correct. 

Posted (edited)

In the new app, it seems my upcoming trip has disappeared, and when I try to re-add the booking number it just hangs indefinitely. The app had all my info just fine the other day, and it still appears as if I am logged into my account - my “journey” is just gone. 

just me or is this a common issue?

Edited by mrrom92

Posted (edited)

Maybe Princess meant it would no longer be available to download from the APP store.  I no longer see it in the APP store but it is still on my phone and I can see everything that I've input into the old app.  I'm not a techie so guessing that the old app couldn't get any new updates as they come out.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1