New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Mom always asked me if your friends jumped off the roof would you do it too? Well, you all were saying that it was messed up and I just had to go there. Now my app is also messed up. I couldn’t just leave well enough alone. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha 4

I just called ocean ready about the app. App not letting me sign in. They said that corporate IT just informed them they were still in process of updating app and it would be up within the next 24 hours. They were told to tell guest to try back then. 
Princess IT at their finest once again. 

Edited 10 minutes ago by AZaTaz

Since there currently is a lot of talk about app issues, the CC Mod Squad should merge this thread with the ongoing app thread that is discussing the issues/problems.

21 hours ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I understand this perfectly. You aren't prepaying. The business needs to protect themselves. If you are promising to pay in the future so they want to know that you have the ability to pay in the future in the form of a valid credit card at expected time of payment.

This Princess situation is different. They would charge my credit card today and my credit card is valid today. If I want a concert ticket for a concert in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. If I want to book a flight in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. Same with a Princess cruise, Princess excursion, Princess Lotus Spa Reservation, Princess Beverage Package, Princess Plus/Premier package. For that matter I even did a Princess Upgrade bid for the same August cruise using the same credit card that expires in July (I'll update the bid when I get an updated card). Only specialty dining has this added requirement.

You're  missing the point. When you make a reservation in a speciality restaurant you are not paying for it now, your credit card will not be charged until after you have taken the meal and it will be charged to the credit card you used for the reservation hence it needs to be in date at the time you use the reservation.

6 minutes ago, Boku said:

You're  missing the point. When you make a reservation in a speciality restaurant you are not paying for it now, your credit card will not be charged until after you have taken the meal and it will be charged to the credit card you used for the reservation hence it needs to be in date at the time you use the reservation.

Unless something has changed, you get charged at time of booking, not at time of dining, if you book pre-cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Unless something has changed, you get charged at time of booking, not at time of dining, if you book pre-cruise.

Sorry, yes you are correct. I was thinking about when booking on board. Oops ☺️

11 minutes ago, Boku said:

We have always been charged upon making the reservation. But it is refundable of you change your mind or cancel the cruise. Because of this, we have never minded paying up front as it gets some of the holiday cost covered earlier 😆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I couldn’t sleep last night, and in the middle of the night I was able to change our dining times. After I read your post, I went into the app and it took a super long time to load. All three of my journeys were listed and I was actually able to look around at deck plans and other things for my next cruise coming up.

I went to switch journeys, and now everything is gone, but this appeared and I don’t remember seeing this before. Is that new or did I just never notice it?

IMG_9720.jpeg

The front pages are all new.  Probably just a set up for them to revamp the dining program.

I think we will see many issues in the next 2 weeks.

The ones that are most affected are those leaving soon.

This is a fairly new IT group, they replaced the Ocean Navigators.  I hope they are going to fix this App. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hang in there everyone, I’m really sure it is the reprogramming of the new dining options in the MDR fleet wide.

I will try again tomorrow.  But, we will probably see this for another 2 weeks.

For those of you leaving in the next 2-3 weeks…

Have you tried to use the website version of the App?  Is it working at all?  

I was told that IT will dump it and then reload it on the App.  Should be interesting.

🤔 

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 12/27/2023 at 11:36 AM, Steelers36 said:

Hopefully, we can get a new sticky going, exclusive for the new version of App.

Are you okay?  Haven’t heard from you in a while?  Best wishes!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Have you tried to use the website version of the App?  Is it working at all?  

I tried the web version of the app and it said my booking wasn't available. It seems likely there is a communication error between the app and the booking database. The app isn't pulling in booking info properly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZaTaz said:

I just called ocean ready about the app. App not letting me sign in. They said that corporate IT just informed them they were still in process of updating app and it would be up within the next 24 hours. They were told to tell guest to try back then. 
Princess IT at their finest once again. 

Edited 10 minutes ago by AZaTaz

Sure would be nice if the update included facial recognition. 

Just now, nasa1974 said:

Sure would be nice if the update included facial recognition. 

I had to laugh when I saw your comment. Not sure I want this IT trying something that complicated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I tried the web version of the app and it said my booking wasn't available. It seems likely there is a communication error between the app and the booking database. The app isn't pulling in booking info properly. 

Thank you for checking.  I assumed it would not work, but didn’t try it.  Appreciate you checking.

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes.  Just busy with other things.  I will have fallen behind on many threads now.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I was wondering what highfalutin word @Steelers36 might have used this time that resulted in an extended penalty box stint. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone else had a day and port disappear from your Journey tab?

skips from day 17 to day 19 of Journey. Port and day still there in personalizer 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

skips from day 17 to day 19 of Journey. Port and day still there in personalizer 

It only happened once to me, when they shortened a cruise, before we were advised.

Edited by PacnGoNow

17 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

Is this a South Pacific cruise crossing the International Date Line?😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Is this a South Pacific cruise crossing the International Date Line?😉

No out of NY to Southampton no Dateline crossed. The day and port was there before the updated app. Now just gone.  
Pacngo.  Hope not as it is say 18 of 21 day cruise. Actually first half of my b2b so will be on 31 days. 

Edited by AZaTaz

58 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

No out of NY to Southampton no Dateline crossed. The day and port was there before the updated app. Now just gone.  
Pacngo.  Hope not as it is say 18 of 21 day cruise. Actually first half of my b2b so will be on 31 days. 

Anyone on your roll call know?