New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

Did you click "order history" in the blue box?

I had not.  When I do, it shows that it departed Carson, CA on May 30 at 2:07. It just may show up in my mailbox.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I had not.  When I do, it shows that it departed Carson, CA on May 30 at 2:07. It just may show up in my mailbox.

Great!

If only the app should work as well, right?🙂 But even the web version is not exactly user friendly.

Edited by Tinknock50

2 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

Sorry I misunderstood. When I see website and personalizer I think princess.com not app by website. 

Though it would be nice if Princess didn't make us jump through hoops to get accurate, full information.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

Now we have to wait and see if it ACTUALY shows up in our home mailbox.

I have an email from USPS telling me to expect delivery Monday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sure is taking its time through the USPS! 😮

It actually began its journey with a pre shipment notification on 5/25. Due 6/10. Sixteen days.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 5:41 AM, jennybenny said:

I too have a problem with the app, but it's been a problem for me for some time. 

I don't recall the Princess technology ever being top notch.  I think our first exposure to it was back in Feb. 2000 when the whole Medallion thing was fledgling.  It was terrible.  It appears nothing has improved.  Maybe Princess isn't hiring the brightest and best when it comes to technology.

When I was involved with developing new programs (we hadn't heard the word, "app", then), the testing we did before rolling it out live was extreme.  If there was even one small failure, we tried to duplicate it to make it easier to identify/fix the problem.  Hundreds of failures every day with the Princess app.  To quote my Sunday School teacher, "That ain't riiight".

We sail in December.  Maybe everything will run smoothly by then.  If not, I'm sticking with my PC and printed pages.

• Like 3

Neither app or website will let me book a cruise. Stops working at second guest. Sent in for help.

How do they run a business like this?!!!! The dreaded phone call next.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Neither app or website will let me book a cruise. Stops working at second guest. Sent in for help.

You don’t have a TA or CVP to help?

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 3:53 AM, ecs66 said:

I don't recall the Princess technology ever being top notch.  I think our first exposure to it was back in Feb. 2000 when the whole Medallion thing was fledgling.  It was terrible.  It appears nothing has improved.  Maybe Princess isn't hiring the brightest and best when it comes to technology.

That date was more than 3 years after CCL CEO Arnold Donald announced Ocean Medallion at the January 2017 CES show & it was scheduled to begin on Regal in November 2017 which as I recall was delayed by a couple of months.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-debut-ocean-medallion-class-offering-next-wave#:~:text=Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald unveiled the Ocean,needed to elevate the guest experience on cruises.

This was the brainchild of current Princess president John Padgett which sadly for too many more than 6 years after it’s first use it is still a work in progress for too many people. 🙄

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, dog said:

Maybe you have been banned ?  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That date was more than 3 years after CCL CEO Arnold Donald announced Ocean Medallion at the January 2017 CES show & it was scheduled to begin on Regal in November 2017

Wow.  And in 2020 it still WAS a problem.  And 2024 still IS a problem.  Thanks for the history; I had no idea theMedallion went back that far.

• Like 3

Just returned home from a super Alaska cruise🤩 we were had Gold status.

We have a further cruise booked for September. For that cruise we will have Ruby status.

Just wondered when will the medallion app for the September cruise will  change from gold to Ruby? 

Many thanks .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swabs said:

Just returned home from a super Alaska cruise🤩 we were had Gold status.

We have a further cruise booked for September. For that cruise we will have Ruby status.

Just wondered when will the medallion app for the September cruise will  change from gold to Ruby? 

Many thanks .

It should… 😊