10 Day Singapore or 10 Day New Zealand?

My husband and I are planning a bucket list trip in about two years.  We are looking at either the 10 Day Anthem of the Seas cruise out of Singapore to Vietnam and Thailand, or the 10 Day Ovation cruise out of Sydney to several ports in New Zealand. (Big LOTR fans and would definitely want to see the movie sites.) I know these dates aren’t yet out for ‘26, but we are just trying to figure things out before we book.  Any experiences with these itineraries, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated.  We have never been to that part of the world before.  Thank you.

I have not done the Anthem, but I have done the ports. I did NZ in Apr. as part of a B5B on the Ovation. We did miss 2 NZ ports because of weather, and another 1 on the TP. NZ was chilly and the Asia ports, hot and humid. I didn’t prefer one over the other, so it really comes down to your preferences. If you are LOTR fans, NZ may be better for you. I remember excursions with anything having to do with LOTR were pricey.

I did just book the Anthem B2B for Apr/2025, since I love Singapore and it is going to ports I have never been too,except Vietnam. 

I think you already answered your own question...LOTR = NZ. :classic_smile:

We've visited most of the Asian ports and both Aus/NZ. Random thoughts:

* Sydney or Singapore...both beautiful cities and easy to get around. In Sydney, we use theOpal card to access the trains, buses, and ferries...or walk. In Singapore, you have the MRT or Grab (Uber)...it is one of the cleanest and safest cities we've visited.

* Aus/NZ or Asia...in Aus/NZ, it's English and dollars (Aussie and NZ dollars).  In Asia, you'll have several different languages and currencies.

* Visas...you will need them for Aus/NZ, Vietnam and China...not sure of your complete itinerary.

* NZ = Scenery and LOTR. Also Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, and Dusky Sound. Asia = Temples, pagodas, gardens...extremely cheap souvenirs. (faux/copies/fake...i.e. Ralph Lauren polo shirt about $5 in Vietnam. :classic_smile:)

* Anthem and Ovation are sister ships...so not much difference.

* Food...if this is important to you...can be more interesting in Asia...NZ = good wines.

The sail-away in Sydney is one of our favorites...views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the skyline, and the iconic Sydney Opera House.

For U.S. military veterans, visiting Saigon/HCMC can be quite emotional.

Happy planning and sailing.

• Like 3