refunds when buying princess plus onboard

funCruise3

I just prepaid for the internet for my Jan 17th cruise and was wondering if I upgrade to Princes Plus onboard, will I get a refund for the internet packages? I was also wondering what happens if you buy the package on the second day of the cruise, will they only charge for the remaining days or will I get charged for the full cruise and get credited for the drinks I bought on the first day?

6 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

I just prepaid for the internet for my Jan 17th cruise and was wondering if I upgrade to Princes Plus onboard, will I get a refund for the internet packages? I was also wondering what happens if you buy the package on the second day of the cruise, will they only charge for the remaining days or will I get charged for the full cruise and get credited for the drinks I bought on the first day?

I would try to cancel that transaction if you can.  You will probably not be able to get a refund...or at least I would not count on it.  This way you'll *know* that everything is trouble-free.  You'll get a refund to your credit card and *if* you have any OBC you can use that for the package on board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

AFAIK, past practice had been to charge the full cost for the separate "standalone" beverage package (don't even think about buying that anymore) and individual drinks would be credited.  It has not been that long since PCL promoted being able to purchase Plus/Premier Cruise Fare packages on board, so I am not sure if anyone has reported what happens.  I would expect to be charged for the full voyage.

It gets a bit messy for them to deduct one day package cost and then charge one day of Crew Appreciation, one day of MedallionNet, etc.

17 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

Cancel internet now. If you choose to get just internet, you can buy that on the ship. If you choose to get Plus, you can also buy that on the ship. If you keep internet and buy Plus, you will be spending a lot of time at the Passenger Services desk getting it straightened out.

• Like 1

For a cruise last year, I had bought the plus package and the upgraded internet package before the cruise. I later upgrade to Premier (before the cruise). When on the ship, I went to Guest Services, and told them this, and the refunded (to my onboard account) the cost of the internet upgrade I had purchased.