Cpap machine

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 6:37 PM, bluesea777 said:

Bring a 15 ft simple extension cord. Most ships do not have power point beside bed and it’s on the other side of room at desk. 

And, to emphasize the above, make sure it's a "plain vanilla" cord.  Nothing with a surge protector.  Those will get confiscated because, for technical reasons beyond my paygrade, they're actually dangerous given the electrical systems on ships.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

And, to emphasize the above, make sure it's a "plain vanilla" cord.  Nothing with a surge protector.  Those will get confiscated because, for technical reasons beyond my paygrade, they're actually dangerous given the electrical systems on ships.

yes 👍 

This is the one I have in my travel bag ….

https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Male-Female-Single-Indoor-Office/dp/B09B177CC6/ref=sr_1_21?content-id=amzn1.sym.e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736%3Aamzn1.sym.e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736&keywords=extension%2Bcord%2B10%2B%2Bft&pd_rd_r=612f21a5-dfc0-4046-a0c4-93d5285daf4e&pd_rd_w=bIwn8&pd_rd_wg=g3LI3&pf_rd_p=e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736&pf_rd_r=9G955K1DDX2VWX3Q4QX0&qid=1705330718&sr=8-21&th=1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

yes 👍 

This is the one I have in my travel bag ….

The other thing to remember is that you have exactly 2 outlets in your room (and another in the bathroom, IIRC.)  One of those 2 is a European 220V outlet so of limited use unless you bring a converter.  My extension cord has 2-3 inputs, in case you need to plug other things in.  Some ships have separate USB ports near the bed but I'm not sure all do, so bear that in mind.

1 minute ago, phillygwm said:

The other thing to remember is that you have exactly 2 outlets in your room (and another in the bathroom, IIRC.)  One of those 2 is a European 220V outlet so of limited use unless you bring a converter.  My extension cord has 2-3 inputs, in case you need to plug other things in.  Some ships have separate USB ports near the bed but I'm not sure all do, so bear that in mind.

Not the 220 —> 120V converter but a simple plug adapter if your equipment can handle both 110 & 220 V input.

https://www.amazon.com/Unidapt-USA-Europe-Plug-Adapter/dp/B077WCS211/ref=sr_1_7?crid=8KD5U5ELNEE6&keywords=european+plug+adapter+simple&qid=1705332048&sprefix=plug+adapter+simple%2Caps%2C128&sr=8-7

One other thing, the bathroom outlet is for shavers only, and it comes on only when the bathroom light is switched on. Night lights are no use, so bring battery operated tea lights.

On 12/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, mstigerlilycruiser2 said:

Can you bring Distilled water on board for my sleep apnea?

If you want but if you are flying in, water must be in the original container.  NCL supplies distilled water if you ask ahead of time but if not, if there is any left, they will give it to you.   This is true for every cruise line I've ever sailed on.

Just got off the Epic and this is the cord we brought with no problems at all.

Flat Extension Cord 10 ft - Addtam Flat Plug Power Strip with 6 Outlets Extender, No Surge Protector for Cruise Ship, Dorm Room Travel Essentials, ETL Listed

From Amazon

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Not the 220 —> 120V converter but a simple plug adapter if your equipment can handle both 110 & 220 V input.

Sorry for sliding OT here but I have a Euro plug adapter with USB ports.  Am I correct to assume that I can use that with my iPhone without doing anything special?

Edited by phillygwm