Cruise Transfer?

Lyndonn

Don't know that you can do this unless you give them the day of the cruise as your arrival day and then go back to the airport for pickup.  I assume you are going to spend the night in a hotel,  If not in the airport then it might make more sense to just get a cab or a car direct from the hotel.  What port are you talking about?

• Like 1

Where? What airport, what port?

You would have to stay overnight and then return to the airport to catch the transfer if you can do this at all. At most ports it's easier to take a cab or uber.

If you book a hotel package with Princess it included the transfer to the ship.

Princess needs to know the flight so they are aware of how many are arriving on what flights at what times. 

I'm doing exactly this for our cruise next March. We are arriving the day before and staying at an airport hotel. These are the instructions in our travel summary. 

If you plan to be in Rome prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport location below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer time to the pier.   Location 1: Terminal 3, Arrival Area Meeting times: 8:00AM - 11:00AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call locally at +39-06-42881472, +39-06-42881642 , +39-348-8105-245       Unused transfers are non-refundable

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cjb0717 said:

I'm doing exactly this for our cruise next March. We are arriving the day before and staying at an airport hotel. These are the instructions in our travel summary. 

If you plan to be in Rome prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport location below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer time to the pier.   Location 1: Terminal 3, Arrival Area Meeting times: 8:00AM - 11:00AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call locally at +39-06-42881472, +39-06-42881642 , +39-348-8105-245       Unused transfers are non-refundable

I've been following this because I am in the same situation. And I just don't get this. If I'm going to pay to get from the airport to my hotel and then pay again to get back to the airport why not just pay to get from the hotel to the pier? It would take less time and, depending on the distances, might even cost less.

We’re doing the same on our Sapphire Princess cruise in a few weeks that leaves out of San Antonio. We’re flying into the Santiago airport the day before, staying at the airport hotel, and then catching the PCL transfer we booked to the ship the next morning.

Just contact your TA or Princess rep and have them book your airport to ship transfer.

18 minutes ago, cjb0717 said:

I will be arriving in Rome as well and plan on staying at the Hilton Rome airport, arriving the day before the cruise departure.   Thanks for sharing your instructions and contact numbers for the transfer meeting area at the Rome airport.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I've been following this because I am in the same situation. And I just don't get this. If I'm going to pay to get from the airport to my hotel and then pay again to get back to the airport why not just pay to get from the hotel to the pier? It would take less time and, depending on the distances, might even cost less.

For us it’s about low stress. In our case we usually try to book a room at a hotel in the airport we’re flying into. Then we just walk over the next morning to the pickup point mentioned in the Travel Summary as @cjb0717 noted above, hop on the bus with our suitcases, and off we go. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re doing the same on our Sapphire Princess cruise in a few weeks that leaves out of San Antonio. We’re flying into the Santiago airport the day before, staying at the airport hotel, and then catching the PCL transfer we booked to the ship the next morning.

Just contact your TA or Princess rep and have them book your airport to ship transfer.

I booked my cruise online, so I do not have a TA or Princess Rep.  I was planning on adding the transfer on to my online booking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For us it’s about low stress. In our case we usually try to book a room at a hotel in the airport we’re flying into. Then we just walk over the next morning to the pickup point mentioned in the Travel Summary as @cjb0717 noted above, hop on the bus with our suitcases, and off we go. 

My same thought too.  😃

17 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

The Hilton Rome airport is connected to the airport and an easy walk.  Only transportation that is needed is to the pier which is about a hour away.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

How do I book a Princess pre-cruise transfer to the ship if I’m arriving the day prior to sailing?  It appears Princess wants arriving flight info for the airport to ship transfer.  
thank you 

Go into personalizer and click on Travel. It has transfers on that page under flights. You can book the date you want.

you can also chat/ phone Princess to add the transfer. Get it in writing so you are clear on what you booked.

Edited by dog

8 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

The Hilton Rome airport is connected to the airport and an easy walk.  Only transportation that is needed is to the pier which is about a hour away.  

I have stayed there many times. Very easy to do this. If you arrive early get hotel to hold your bags. They use to offer a free hotel shuttle to/ from Rome centre. Contact the hotel to see if it is still offered.