Business class flights included

Missmimi

We were able to book a cruise departing from MIA, and including free business class flights from Europe (only from AMS or BRU). It’s the first time we take an arrangement including flights. Do we have to accept the carrier chosen by Regent, or can we ask for alternative options? We also would like to arrive earlier and stay longer in MIA. Is this possible? 

No you do not have to accept them, But you may be told you have to pay extra.

Here is what I always do.

I do my homework and try and find at least 4 flights I would like to request in order of preference, both going and returning. Then I send it to my TA who works with Regent Air. I almost always get my 1st or 2nd choice.  Or sometimes I have received a better schedule because I am not aware of a particular airline they may use

that I don't know about or look at.

Yes you can use Regent Air and fly in early or fly our later. BUT there are deviation fees you will have to pay, as well as you are on your own at the airports. They will not have someone there to pick you up or take you to the airport.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At 210 days before embarkation day you can deviate your flights. As Jim B said do your homework and look for the flights you are interested in but to save time make sure that those flights have the lowest business class fare available.   Also as he mentioned there may be an upcharge for some flights, however you don't have to accept these, Regent will always offer flights with no upcharge. You may just not like them. 

Yes you can go early and stay later. I believe it is up to 30 days before and 30 days after. 

You can have your TA deal with Regent Air or have your TA release your booking to Regent Air in order to deal with them directly (at least that is how it worked in the past), I have recently seen people write that they have dealt directly with Regent Air without having your TA do anything. 

There is a $75 non-refundable fee to speak to Regent Air. That amount is deducted from the $175 pp deviation fee if you accept the flights agreed to with Regent. If you don't the fee is forfeited. Once you or your TA have been given your flight options you generally have a couple of days to agree to them or not. Once you agree you are charged the deviation fee. 

When you call them or have your TA call them, make sure you provide your seat selections and if applicable your frequent flier numbers so they can be added to your booking right from the start. My experience is that most airlines allow Regent to book your seats right from the time of booking. It can be more troublesome to change those seats after. Some airlines give you access to change your seats etc, some don't. 

Good luck.  Hope you get the flights you want. 

We will be going through the process in January for our flights next summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

You can have your TA deal with Regent Air or have your TA release your booking to Regent Air in order to deal with them directly (at least that is how it worked in the past), I have recently seen people write that they have dealt directly with Regent Air without having your TA do anything.

We always get our TA to authorize us to talk directly to Regent Air, but I think that's no longer necessary and someone either on here or Facebook said the same.  So I believe we can just call as we wish.  

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Some tas have more clout than we do

Genuinely curious. What is an example of an air arrangement or better price arrangement or any other advantage or preferred treatment that a TA can get dealing with Regent Air Department that an individual cannot?

Edited by edgee

1 hour ago, bitob said:

We as individual passengers have no power. No clout. No ability to negotiate 

many, not all tas, can negotiate for better deals. 

that’s why i hand out my tas card on every cruise 

Strictly talking Regent air, what kind of better deals? Would examples mean waiving an extra charge for a NS flight that would ordinarily incur an extra fee? An upgrade for domestic portion of a connection to an international location, that sometimes happens anyway, sometimes does not?  Faster response time on service issues, like when schedules change? Other examples?

I can’t specify precisely because I don’t ask about his negotiations on air or anything else. I just revel in the good news 

But he does perform miracles in many aspects of my bookings 

Don’t forget that there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum with a lot of information about Regent air. It’s a sticky for a reason, there is a lot of information there.

18 hours ago, bitob said:

I can’t specify precisely because I don’t ask about his negotiations on air or anything else. I just revel in the good news 

But he does perform miracles in many aspects of my bookings 

I believe that Regent charges exactly what it pays for any airline seat.  So if they can get it for contract rate, no up charge.  If they can get it for contract rate plus $1000 then there's a $1000 up charge. I can't imagine they'll "eat" the $1000 because a TA wants them to.  On the other hand, a TA might be more than willing to pay the up charge for the right customer.  

• Like 1