2nd Annual Latitudes Members Cruise on Bliss Sept 28, 2024

Sugar Magnolia

Happy New Year!

I know that many of us received a 10% coupon for the Alaska cruise out of Seattle on the Bliss sailing on Sept 24, 2024. This cruise is advertised as the 2nd Annual Latitudes Members Cruise. 

For those who sailed on the first annual cruise, can you please share whether there were any particularly special or memorable experiences on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a coupon for a 10% discount on a late September Alaska cruise.  That is, generously, shoulder season. I'm not sure how many excursions are still offered (I know anything on a helicopter is not.) 

I love Alaska but I booked the month prior.  It cost more but I think it will be a better overall experience.

• Like 1

I think it is a big joke (and the joke is on us).  Here's the base fare pricing for that Bliss sailing and the one a week later.  The 10% only comes off of the base fare.

image.thumb.png.c4a53e69fe7c4cecd1d0164ebed05969.png

It's like, sail Sept 28 and you'll save 10%!!

Small print: sail a week later and you'll receive 20% (inside) or 30% (OV/balcony) off.

I personally prefer the manly AK cruises at the end of October. ☠️

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

For those who sailed on the first annual cruise, can you please share whether there were any particularly special or memorable experiences on board.

I know how badly you want to surprise me on a cruise, but unfortunately we will just be returning from our Mediterranean cruise at that time. Maybe some other time. I'll keep an eye out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think it is a big joke (and the joke is on us).  Here's the base fare pricing for that Bliss sailing and the one a week later.  The 10% only comes off of the base fare.

image.thumb.png.c4a53e69fe7c4cecd1d0164ebed05969.png

It's like, sail Sept 28 and you'll save 10%!!

Small print: sail a week later and you'll receive 20% (inside) or 30% (OV/balcony) off.

I personally prefer the manly AK cruises at the end of October. ☠️

Think the same.  Not a deal, even with the 10% coupon!  Will pass!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

However, I was drawn toward the shiny "2nd Annual Latitudes Members Cruise" and wondered what that was all about.

Cheapo "extras" to make you feel honored is what I've heard.  Maybe a tote bag with an NCL logo or similar clutter that will take up space until it hits the landfill in a few years.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I know how badly you want to surprise me on a cruise, but unfortunately we will just be returning from our Mediterranean cruise at that time. Maybe some other time. I'll keep an eye out.

🤔 Hmmmm....I wonder whether this was @schmoopie17's way of throwing me off when, in fact, he and the Mrs. will surprise me. How clever of him).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

...  10% coupon is not a deal ... I was drawn toward the shiny "2nd Annual Latitudes Members Cruise" and wondered what that was all about.

Hmmm, a non-stop 7 days marathon by CruiseNext to sell you/we/I know what, get up to $2,000 "free money" (add in "no expiration date and/or valid thru 2099" that can be passed along to surviving children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and/or as legally designated ... or, something along those lines)   Maybe, NCL will roll out 3D virtual photography package to pose digitally with your choice of captain(s), HD, CD, Concierge, Butler, etc. - discounted per tier status.  Bonus, paid for 4 and 5th one is free on them.  

First, they need to sweeten the deal and raise that 10% discount offer to at least 50% off, capacity controlled.  And, waived the DSC to recognize member's loyalty.  

A decade ago, one gets a free canvas mini tote/lunch bag just for booking a NCL shore excursion.  @ChiefMateJRK is onto something ... LOL, door prizes and free giveaways, etc. etc. - to make it a worthwhile red carpet event to consider.  

Wishful thinking, LOL - please, don't spill that chilled latte with your high tea.  BTW, here's to Happy cruising in 2024.  

• Like 2

I am looking at this cruise but plan to do what I usually do...book refundable hotel and airfare and then watch the prices on the cruise until it comes down to what I am willing to pay, typically about 30 days out. If it doesn't get to that point, then I cancel the hotel and take the airfare credit for my next vacation. I enjoy the ship and walking around the ports plus Alaska is a nice place to get out of the heat in September. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I am looking at this cruise but plan to do what I usually do...book refundable hotel and airfare and then watch the prices on the cruise until it comes down to what I am willing to pay, typically about 30 days out. If it doesn't get to that point, then I cancel the hotel and take the airfare credit for my next vacation. I enjoy the ship and walking around the ports plus Alaska is a nice place to get out of the heat in September. 

You need to join me in October!!  I do know a bit about Sonoran Desert heat.🌵

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You need to join me in October!!  I do know a bit about Sonoran Desert heat.🌵

You never know.  I have spent most of today working on my January-June vacations and once I figure those out, will work on the 2nd half of the year. I have 6 States left to complete my 50 and would like to knock a few more of those off the list. But I am thinking Alaska will be in there somewhere in the fall.

• Like 1

So we drank the Kool-Aid on the first one and will try it again.

Yes, we got cheap swag once aboard but they sent out some nice packing cubes before the cruise ( which replaced some of our older ones ).

Yes I know it's only 10% off but at least it's something and more importantly, we can cruise within the time offered.

We did have great entertainment at the first one, Steve Trevino, and hope that the next one we have something equal or even better.

They offered some unique experiences that we could sign up for ( not guaranteed ).

They did offer, at least for us, a great deal on the Viva sailing before the TA, our first official back-to-back.

Happy New Year to All

Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Yes, we got cheap swag once aboard but they sent out some nice packing cubes before the cruise ( which replaced some of our older ones ).

If you need more packing cubes, nice.

16 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Yes I know it's only 10% off but at least it's something and more importantly, we can cruise within the time offered.

Would you prefer saving 20 - 30% instead by waiting a week?

16 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We did have great entertainment at the first one, Steve Trevino, and hope that the next one we have something equal or even better.

Who is this guy?  Was he there specifically to entertain latitudes passengers on the latitudes cruise?

18 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

They offered some unique experiences that we could sign up for ( not guaranteed ).

Please tell us what these were.

18 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

They did offer, at least for us, a great deal on the Viva sailing before the TA, our first official back-to-back.

What was this great deal?  Was it something the rest of us couldn't book?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

So we drank the Kool-Aid on the first one and will try it again.

Happy New Year to All

Jim

Thank you @JIMESOPUS…I remember you mentioned about sailing on that first Latitudes cruise earlier last year (caught myself saying “this year”). Was it on the Escape?

Happy Sailing in 2024!

@Sugar Magnolia Yes it was the Escape out of Miami

@ChiefMateJRK Steve T is known for " I speak Wife ", he has a following including me now. He doesn't include lewd or vulgar language in his acts and maybe that's why in this current society he doesn't have a very large following. He is also involved in the NCL veteran program.

The Viva savings - category upgrade ( oceanview to BB balcony ), triple points, and some OBC. It was funny that I was just inquiring about that cruise since we already booked the TA and had the 10% voucher. Some guy stepped into the conversation ( later I found out he was the program manager for Cruise Next, I have his card somewhere ) and said let's make a deal.

You are right about the cost, 10% off isn't anything compared to the 40% off last year we got on the Sun. I'm still keeping an eye on the price and will rebook. But I think those deals we got the past two years since COVID are gone, most cruise lines are boasting that current 2024 bookings are way above the norm.

We were only able to attend two of our choices, a mixology class with real booze, not that reused food drink garbage, and a cooking class.

Happy New Year

Jim 

• Like 4

This offer is just silly.  Why book a balcony cabin on the Bliss for $1691 pp ($1879 less 10%) at the end of September when I could go a day later on the Encore for $1419 in same cabin type.  NCL marketing must think we’re not very bright!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The Viva savings - category upgrade ( oceanview to BB balcony ), triple points, and some OBC. It was funny that I was just inquiring about that cruise since we already booked the TA and had the 10% voucher. Some guy stepped into the conversation ( later I found out he was the program manager for Cruise Next, I have his card somewhere ) and said let's make a deal.

Thanks.  That's interesting.  I may drop into the latitudes "party" on my next cruise just to put the reverse squeeze on the CN sales people.  I'll probably only be buying two or four, but who knows?

• Like 1

@laudergayle they are right as far as marketing. They took a cruise that was underperforming and made it a hit. I'm waiting for the downward turn. We locked in around $1600, which includes air and prepaid DSC.

Bliss - Balcony

Screenshot2024-01-01124422.png.2fcc777939c418f3aaf5563e934bca35.png

Encore Balcony

Screenshot2024-01-01124611.png.3c9502c6ebccf873783ef8016c824d20.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  That's interesting.  I may drop into the latitudes "party" on my next cruise just to put the reverse squeeze on the CN sales people.  I'll probably only be buying two or four, but who knows?

Before COVID we never booked a cruise while aboard now that's all we do. Our TA encourages us to book while aboard. After the transfer to her, she then tries to beat the price. Sometimes we will get a better deal with her but we always get OBC from her agency.

For the Bliss booking, I was able to use three cruise next certificates. 

• Like 1

@JIMESOPUS I don’t totally understand the CruusePlum chart.  I see the price uptick beginning after 10/23…but is that reflective of the “asking” price without regard to # actually booking?  Or does that price include some measure of purchase?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

@JIMESOPUS I don’t totally understand the CruusePlum chart.  I see the price uptick beginning after 10/23…but is that reflective of the “asking” price without regard to # actually booking?  Or does that price include some measure of purchase?

The screenshot doesn't display the actual price, right before the announcement the average price for a balcony was just under $1230 ( 11/4/23 ) after the announcement the price jumped $1700 ( 11/17/23 ) and is continuing to rise. So NCL marketing has taken an underperforming ship as far as bookings and made it more attractive. CruisePlum is just one of the sources of information that I use to track pricing.

We knew the day before while aboard the Viva and were able to lock in at a lower price. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I believe that it indicates that NCL jacked the prices up around the time that they honored everybody with those "great" coupons.  It's just business.  Only the suckers fall for it.

• Like 1