Two Midwesterners escape winter on the Eurodam.

Today's Daily Activities and since there was a question last week about Tripods I tried to come up with a description of the game.  I have never made it up to Explorations to find out exactly to what it is. 

IMG_20240125_103122485.jpg

IMG_20240125_103146671.jpg

IMG_20240125_103204329.jpg

Screenshot_20240125-103830-282.png

22 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Yes we could leave with disembarking passengers.    We would not be able to reboard until the new passengers were allowed on board.   Today's process went very smoothly and we sat away from everyone else.  We were  beginning to reboard at 9:45.   Only 317 passengers staying onboard today. 

What is the procedure for passengers staying for the next cruise on transit day?  How long do you have to wait in the show lounge?  I assume the staff does a full cleaning of the ship, and this is why they want all the transit passengers in one place.  We will be on the Eurodam from Feb 14 - Mar 6, our first B2B.

1 hour ago, PCruzer said:

What is the procedure for passengers staying for the next cruise on transit day?  How long do you have to wait in the show lounge?  I assume the staff does a full cleaning of the ship, and this is why they want all the transit passengers in one place.  We will be on the Eurodam from Feb 14 - Mar 6, our first B2B.

Many threads on the topic. You will be given written instructions on the details. You need to meet somewhere...for example, the show lounge. You may get to stay there, or you may be taken ashore and held together. In either case, the duration of this situation depends on clearing all the people who need an Immigration clearance (it has nothing to do with cleaning the ship). Guaranteed there will be 2-4 people who fail to follow the directions, causing public announcements and possibly searches for them. 

Eventually, the group will be cleared to resume normal activities. Historically, the process has taken from 30 minutes to well over an hour. Plan on an hour.

25 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Many threads on the topic. You will be given written instructions on the details. You need to meet somewhere...for example, the show lounge. You may get to stay there, or you may be taken ashore and held together. In either case, the duration of this situation depends on clearing all the people who need an Immigration clearance (it has nothing to do with cleaning the ship). Guaranteed there will be 2-4 people who fail to follow the directions, causing public announcements and possibly searches for them. 

Eventually, the group will be cleared to resume normal activities. Historically, the process has taken from 30 minutes to well over an hour. Plan on an hour.

Thanks so much for the information!  I was thinking it might be hours!  This sounds not too bad.

It really depends on cooperation of those getting signed in to transit and then the prompt clearing of off boarding passengers.  Cooperation of two groups made yesterday very smoothly.  

Today's Daily Activities.  Happily the Billboard Bar will reopen at 3:30 for Happy Hour.  Unless one wants to run their own cocktails or drinking at one of the pools getting an afternoon cocktail has been tricky. 

IMG_20240126_070941230.jpg

IMG_20240126_071001800.jpg

IMG_20240126_071007556.jpg

IMG_20240126_071031502.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Unless one wants to run their own cocktails or drinking at one of the pools getting an afternoon cocktail has been tricky. 

Do you mean that the service for drinks other than at the pools has been lacking?  How about at the Ocean Bar or Crow's Nest in the afternoon?  Have you gotten drinks there?

Thanks,

~Nancy

Easy to get drinks at pools.  Dressed up for dinner getting waiter in Ocean bar problematic.  Now that Happy hour has returned the problem should be less so with 2 main bars open in the mid afternoon. We do not go to Explorations for cocktails.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Last night's MDR dinner.   Chili rellenos, spaghetti and pork belly. 

IMG_20240126_171953644.jpg

IMG_20240126_174220681.jpg

IMG_20240126_174224138.jpg

I was really expecting that I would hate the chile relleno as that is a difficult dish to execute.  However, it is one of the best that I have ever had.  The pork belly was also excellent.

• Like 1

On the Eurodam as well. And yes, the bar service is lacking. Understaffed and when there is wait staff they seem to look right through you as if you weren’t there. Bartenders are not much better. We had the same issue back in ‘22 in Alaska. I chalked it up to ramping up after the pandemic. Perhaps I was wrong. 

What is even more troubling is that we received the Daily for tomorrow. No NFL conference championship games are listed. We were told they are only available in our room. Really? Say it isn’t so. 

@jjfarns I would think that you go request at a bar they will put it on.  We had luck with that on the Volendam in the Crows Nest last year.  We started asking ahead of time and a head of AV turned it on.    That's the widest area for people to view.   I just looked over the Daily activities and nothing listed.     There is the little screen in the Gallery bar running ESPN all the time so I am sure they would tune it in. 

I went to Flower Arranging this morning in Rolling Stone lounge. It was very cold in there. It was a nice format as another member of cruise staff acted as emcee to facilitate questions from the group and clarify from the florist.   Flowers are stored on deck B in the morgue.  All vases are available at Guest Services and I do believe they ship for guests who fly home.   

IMG_20240128_093952619_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240128_100129617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240128_100719056_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240128_100651752_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240128_101019126.jpg

• Like 3

We got a pop up notification that NFL games will be shown in the Gallery bar.  There are about 10 seats there.   I don't know if they will put chairs in the aisle between the slot machines that are in the former Gallery seating area.