Is one hour layover doable at MCO?

erby2283

Was hoping non-stop flight prices would come down but they haven't so I am checking into one-stop flights.  Is a one-hour layover cutting it too short at MCO if staying on the same carrier?  Would TPA be any easier? Going from CLT to MIA. Have checked other options like FLL and other airlines as well but AA from CLT to MIA seems to be best option. Plus I guess if prices drop, I can always switch my flights. 

We never book a less than 2 or 2.5 hour layover now for many reasons...  We just did a 5 hour layover in Amsterdam and it was not at all a problem - we actually enjoyed it.  Mind you we spent probably an hour of that just meandering to our gate.

It is winter now and you don't know where your inbound aircraft is coming from for your first flight out.  Same with the second flight.

But the first question is, what is the on-time performance of the first flight you are taking?

If that flight is delayed in leaving and your second flight is on time, then you are out of luck.

One hour layovers are for gamblers in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

But the first question is, what is the on-time performance of the first flight you are taking?

If that flight is delayed in leaving and your second flight is on time, then you are out of luck.

One hour layovers are for gamblers in my opinion.  

The flight wouldn't be until May. The flight from CLT to Orlando is at 7am and has a 93% on-time performance.  The flight from MCO to MIA has a 100% on-time performance. 

I agree, not a fan of less than an hour.  This one is one hour and 8 minutes...lol

Posted (edited)

Since there appear to be 8 daily nonstop AA MCO-MIA flights in May, as long as it's not the last flight of the day, you would hopefully be able to get on a later flight if you miss yours. There is also a reasonable chance that the price will go down between now and then to enable you to take the far quicker and more convenient nonstop AA CLT-MIA flight.

Edited by taxatty

2 hours ago, taxatty said:

Since there appear to be 8 daily nonstop AA MCO-MIA flights in May, as long as it's not the last flight of the day, you would hopefully be able to get on a later flight if you miss yours. There is also a reasonable chance that the price will go down between now and then to enable you to take the far quicker and more convenient nonstop AA CLT-MIA flight.

My thoughts too. I like your optimism. But I’ve literally checked flights every day since the day they were released and non-stop on anything other than Spirit (eeek) has never been less than $500. 🤦‍♀️ Worried if I wait too much longer they’ll just get even higher. 

5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Greensboro.  Generally a significant savings over CLT due to the lack of fortress hub pricing.

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind.  I looked today and their flights were over $700. 🫢

I don’t believe I asked for any other help other than asking if an hour layover at MCO was sufficient and if TPA would be a better option.  I thanked you for your response - geez 🙄 

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

You complained about $700 pricing.  Guess that was just venting.

Have fun finding stuff on your own.

You recommended another airport which I immediately checked and the cost was higher. I took your advice, checked the price, replied back to let you know it wasn’t in fact cheaper, thanked you, and put Greensboro on the list to check in the future. You’re the one who took my response the way you did. 

Seeing as how you pretty much belittle people on this forum in almost all your comments, I’m quite content not to recieve your help in the future. 

• Like 1