New Princess Lunch Menus

tjcletzgo

Someone posted a set lunch menu that doesn’t change. It looks great with a lot of great choices. My favorite menu on Princess is the embarkation lunch, shrimp and avacado, lemon butter dill salmon and orange soufflé. Will they still serve that on embarkation???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

Someone posted a set lunch menu that doesn’t change. It looks great with a lot of great choices. My favorite menu on Princess is the embarkation lunch, shrimp and avacado, lemon butter dill salmon and orange soufflé. Will they still serve that on embarkation???

Yes, the embarkation lunch menu is still offered.

The ‘new’ lunch menu does have a few items that change, but mostly the same. I much prefer the old rotating lunch menus where each menu was totally different from the previous. 

• Like 4

Just now, tjcletzgo said:

too funny…… that is exactly what I order on embarkation. Great way to start my cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, the embarkation lunch menu is still offered.

The ‘new’ lunch menu does have a few items that change, but mostly the same. I much prefer the old rotating lunch menus where each menu was totally different from the previous. 

Agree. Liked more variety, especially on those longer cruises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Can you post the link?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

What about the pub menu? 

We’ve had pub lunch on all the cruises we have done in the last year. Usually, one every 7-10 days.  It’s been held in a MDR at lunch. Just check your patter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

It is a set menu, but there are a few little changes each day. Yes, the salmon is still on the embarkation lunch! My fave with a nice glass of wine.🍷 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

That's my favorite lunch as well. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Maybe the could update the Breakfast menu next, it’s the worst! 

You can't do much with a breakfast menu. It's, eggs(cooked which ever way you want, including eggs benny),beans, sausages, bacon, pancakes, waffles, breads and such, lox and cream cheese, that's about the extent of it. What exactly are you looking for ?

Edited by pamps2801
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

You can't do much with a breakfast menu. It's, eggs(cooked which ever way you want, including eggs benny),beans, sausages, bacon, pancakes, waffles, breads and such, lox and cream cheese, that's about the extent of it. What exactly are you looking for ?

Lots! 

They only have one “special” a day.

Actual veggies for Omelets.

Cooked sides- tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, spinach 

They offer BBQ beans and try to pass them off as breakfast beans. 

Berries 

Turkey/Veggie sausages 

That’s just a starting point.

Holland America goes as far as offering an Indian breakfast on their menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Lots! 

Berries 

Turkey/Veggie sausages 

Well....I've seen mushrooms and potatoes every day last month. Spinach isn't a very common breakfast food, not to many people care for spinach in the morning. That's in a very small minority.

As for a veggie omelet, you can easily ask for one without any issues, or any type of omelet for that matter. Not sure what's wrong with BBQ beans, but thats a personal taste I guess. Turkey sausages I've seen on a pretty consistent basis. I don't care for turkey sausages as I find them way to dry, along with veggie sausages. Again...personal preference. Cruise lines go with majority tastes. Can't please everyone, but they aim to please the majority. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

Well....I've seen mushrooms and potatoes every day last month. Spinach isn't a very common breakfast food, not to many people care for spinach in the morning. That's in a very small minority.

As for a veggie omelet, you can easily ask for one without any issues, or any type of omelet for that matter. Not sure what's wrong with BBQ beans, but thats a personal taste I guess. Turkey sausages I've seen on a pretty consistent basis. I don't care for turkey sausages as I find them way to dry, along with veggie sausages. Again...personal preference. Cruise lines go with majority tastes. Can't please everyone, but they aim to please the majority.  

Other lines have extensive menus in the MDR, Princess is falling behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Lots! 

Berries 

Turkey/Veggie sausages 

I feel like most Americans (who make up the bulk of travelers on Caribbean or nearby cruises) don't care for that much variety in breakfast, and it's a lot to prepare with not that much time left for dinner besides. And a lot of people sleep in too. 

Personally I don't normally eat breakfast but I enjoy omelettes so will have to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pamps2801 said:

As for a veggie omelet, you can easily ask for one without any issues, or any type of omelet for that matter. Not sure what's wrong with BBQ beans, but thats a personal taste I guess. Turkey sausages I've seen on a pretty consistent basis. I don't care for turkey sausages as I find them way too dry, along with veggie sausages. Again...personal preference. Cruise lines go with majority tastes. Can't please everyone, but they aim to please the majority. 

I have requested turkey or chicken sausage for the last several years and have never found them to be available on Princess.  

• Like 1

Given the hours and limited seating for MDR breakfast, it doesn’t seem like Princess is interested in expanding this offer. I think the slower service for breakfast is intentional. It reduces the number to guests they can accommodate and meals they have to prepare and opens up more resources to prep and prepare for dinner. The buffet, even with waste, has to be more cost efficient when you account for labor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pamps2801 said:

Waffles, crepes and French toast daily. When I was on HAL they had banana bread French toast. They could be more creative and have variety of pancakes as a choice (chocolate chip, banana, blueberry, strawberry, etc...).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1412p0oi said:

I feel like most Americans (who make up the bulk of travelers on Caribbean or nearby cruises) don't care for that much variety in breakfast, and it's a lot to prepare with not that much time left for dinner besides. And a lot of people sleep in too. 

Personally I don't normally eat breakfast but I enjoy omelettes so will have to see. 

On the cruises I have been on, there has been a line in the dining room for breakfast.

For me, I don't have time to eat breakfast at home but I enjoy it on vacations.