New Princess Lunch Menus

tjcletzgo

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

The Island Princess did not have a dedicated pub lunch earlier this month. I noticed they had fish and chips and mushy peas one day in the buffet for lunch. It was not advertised in the Patter. On the Regal Princess a couple of years ago, they had a pub lunch in the buffet that was advertised in the Patter. In addition to the fish and chips and mushy peas, they had Scotch eggs, shepherds pie, cheese and onion pasties, toad in the hole, sausage rolls, and roast beef with Yorkshire pudding When I was on the Caribbean Princess that year, the pub lunch menu was served in the dining room on one of our port days in Greenland.

20220206_120700.jpg

Do you know what the “Toad in a Hole” is? 

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know what the “Toad in a Hole” is? 

Sausages in batter. I however have not seen them on a Princess menu usually the sausage dish is bangers and mash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:16 PM, tjcletzgo said:

Someone posted a set lunch menu that doesn’t change. It looks great with a lot of great choices. My favorite menu on Princess is the embarkation lunch, shrimp and avacado, lemon butter dill salmon and orange soufflé. Will they still serve that on embarkation???

We were on the Caribbean Princess in May in a full suite.  Got very, very tired of the lunch menu.  The hamburgers were way better up by the pool.  Everything else was just ok, but after 27 days and a lot of sea days it was boring to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess in May in a full suite.  Got very, very tired of the lunch menu.  The hamburgers were way better up by the pool.  Everything else was just ok, but after 27 days and a lot of sea days it was boring to say the least.

On those sea days we will often just look at the menu and if we don’t like anything we will grab a charcuterie plate to share at Vines or something from lido. On port intensive cruises it is not a big deal 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

You can always eat in the buffet which has a variety of food for breakfast and lunch. And it seems to change frequently as well.  

IF you can get seating.  In order to find a table on Caribbean Princess this month we had to go at 10:45, armed with our e-readers!  Since this was a cold weather itinerary that ruled out eating outdoors at Slice or Salty Dog.  😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Senga said:

IF you can get seating.  In order to find a table on Caribbean Princess this month we had to go at 10:45, armed with our e-readers!  Since this was a cold weather itinerary that ruled out eating outdoors at Slice or Salty Dog.  😢

Oh no!  That didn't happen on the Royal around the British Isles and that was cold sometimes.  The horizon court was never too busy.  Maybe because the very proper English like to eat in the MDR for all meals?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2024 at 5:12 PM, tjcletzgo said:

Has anyone tried the upcharge seafood salad? What did you think? Do you have a picture of it?

I had it twice in May on the Emerald Princess. First time was on embarkation day and I thought it was delicious, there was plenty of seafood. I thought it wasn’t a bad price for the quality and quantity. Had it again on our last sea day and it was very good. It didn’t seem quite as good as the first time, the seafood tasted slightly less fresh. It wasn’t bad at all, just not as good as the first one. Going again in Sept and will probably have it on embarkation day again. Sorry, didn’t take a photo. 

• Like 1