Aboard Serenity Jan 5-18: Renewing the Adventure

gmarsh

40 minutes ago, gmarsh said:

As we left Antigua last night we saw a “house” fire…I can’t get the pic so here’s a frigate bird instead.

See you in the lunch line😘🍷

Here’s a couple of pics of yesterdays house fire as we were leaving Antigua.

Rob

IMG_8975.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Isles Les Saintes, Guadeloupe, what a lovely surprise. Charming french and easy to walk. Loving this cruise on board the Serenity 👌

Glad you’re enjoying, Ivi.

Today Jim & I hiked around the bend, over the hills and down this steep path to a lovely little beach. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. Anse Pain du Sucre. Nice day. 🌞🌞

IMG_8995.jpeg

IMG_8994.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ryndam said:

Glad you’re enjoying, Ivi.

Today Jim & I hiked around the bend, over the hills and down this steep path to a lovely little beach. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. Anse Pain du Sucre. Nice day. 🌞🌞

IMG_8995.jpeg

IMG_8994.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

It sounds very good Rob. How long was the hike?

Ivi

Docked in St. Lucia today. FWIW, there’s a significant delivery of new outdoor furniture, crates of miscellaneous electronics and other mechanical-looking parts and pieces. And an equal removal of discarded furniture, electronics, recycling and other debris.

Rob

IMG_9001.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today in St. Lucia. I have received an alert about safety concerns in Castries from the German Government. Apparently many reports of robberies and some of them including violence. Since I have been here before, I decided just to stay onboard today. A nice swim on the pool and a visit to the Bistro. Voila the Portuguese tarts 😊

IMG_3485.thumb.jpeg.0dac13461a9c0c9afb30015ade60f3b2.jpeg

• Like 10

Another morning.

Saturday, I believe.  
I figured out Airdrop for picture transfer.😆 But still can’t get them into a post!  😩 

St. Barts today.  I’ll be checking on Heidi Klum and her sun burn.

David and Roniel have been meeting me at the Market place to help me get the best 6am coffee in the Caribe.  When I thank a crew teammate, more often than not, they thank us for coming back on board.  It takes such dedication to leave your home and family to work on a Cruise boat, I couldn’t do it, even when I wore a younger man’s clothes…

It’s 8 below in Denver.

NFL wild card games will be on ship’s TV.  Hope Crystal has a Peacock account 😜.

Bon appetito.

G

• Like 3

Good morning all.

We tender in to Great Harbor today.

While in school, I worked on a charter fishing boat and made several trips here.

Great memories 😆.

The halibut was a big hit in Waterside last night.

Chiefs’ game was on ESPN last night, no Peacock blackout outside USA I guess?

The whole ship was very chilly last night.

We will be searching for the perfect Tshirt and some Painkillers🍹.

Hugs,

G

IMG_1451.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ryndam said:

Tomorrow’s menu and Reflections attached.

Tonight’s featured Galaxy main stage, Marco Romano. Wow. Well deserved standing ovation. 

Rob

07B28079-B5C5-47D0-B520-1F9533A0DB25.pdf 66.79 kB · 27 downloads B79FA9D8-638C-48CC-89C2-287C4B0F0A39.pdf 618.66 kB · 24 downloads

Just in case anyone on board is thinking of watching the Buffalo-Pittsburgh game today you won't,  Postponed to Monday due to a coming blizard.

Roy

• Like 1

A rainy morning in Gustavia. A wealthy place. Reminds me of Cannes because of its yachts. It has lovely corners with many young people enjoying their champagne in fancy bars and restaurants. Others, not so wealthy just eating a baguette near the port. I also saw a Gypsy  telling somebody her fortune. Interesting Gustavia. My third visit here. 

IviIMG_3493.thumb.jpeg.bbcfb4cd5bf3e0905636957e75d5c9eb.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

A rainy morning in Gustavia. A wealthy place. Reminds me of Cannes because of its yachts. It has lovely corners with many young people enjoying their champagne in fancy bars and restaurants. Others, not so wealthy just eating a baguette near the port. I also saw a Gypsy  telling somebody her fortune. Interesting Gustavia. My third visit here.

My favorite spot there is Le Select.  Where you can have a beer and watch the world go by without breaking the bank.  One third the price as the joint across the street.

And, FWIW, it is the original inspiration for Jimmy Buffet's tune "Cheeseburger in Paradise".  And the burgers are decent.

• Like 1