Experiences with Celebrity Pass?

MrSunshine

So, I booked the Celebrity Pass just for me in the short window it was available for our Feb 12 Silhouette sailing, as it came out cheaper than 2 sets of wi-fi.

Seems weird to me that it is bookable for just one person in a stateroom, but travelling with a family of four that includes two small children, it was just not worth it to get it for all of us, and I found a pamphlet (and my TA confirmed) that it includes 2 premium wi-fi, not just upgrades. I doubt I will get to use the welcome lunch, earlier check-in and reserved theatre seating, as I am the only one in my group with the pass.

While I know that the Celebrity Pass only became a thing fleet wide on sailings departing after Jan 1, it has been up and running on Equinox for a month (?), so I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with it yet? 

Especially interested if you did not have basic wi-fi to begin with, but any experiences with the pass is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is this still available for purchase?

Check on Manage Reservation for any upcoming cruises. My understanding was there was a limited number available for each cruise (and they sold quickly!). Mine cost £20 per person per day. Details below. It was a no brainier for me just for the wifi. IMG_4689.thumb.png.4f75e501aa4e73c5de936aeacbf52982.png

Following with interest.  There seems to be some confusion with Celebrity ( surprise!) as to whether WIFI is Included OR whether the Pass only offers an Upgrade to existing internet.  I called Captains Club when the Pass was first offered and after checking with a supervisor, received this response:  This is an upgrade only if you already have basic wifi.  You then get upgraded to Premium with 2 devices.  If you currently have Premium Wifi with one device, you get an upgrade to 2 devices.

Please update after your cruise!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

Following with interest.  There seems to be some confusion with Celebrity ( surprise!) as to whether WIFI is Included OR whether the Pass only offers an Upgrade to existing internet.  I called Captains Club when the Pass was first offered and after checking with a supervisor, received this response:  This is an upgrade only if you already have basic wifi.  You then get upgraded to Premium with 2 devices.  If you currently have Premium Wifi with one device, you get an upgrade to 2 devices.

Please update after your cruise!

This made me check my orders and there’s a difference between the cruises where I had booked Alll Inclusive and those booked Cruise Only.

For the AI cruise, my order history lists it as a “celebrity pass upgrade”and the price was only £9.22 per day. The description notes that I already had WiFi.

For the Cruise Only fare, it’s called a “celebrity pass” and cost me £20 per day. 

Given the difference in price, I am expecting premium wifi for the “cruise only” cruise with the celebrity pass.

IMG_4691.png

IMG_4690.png