Corkage Fee

Just now, Cruisedreamer1 said:

If one has one of the beverage packages does one pay the corkage fee? Thanks!

Yes as that pertains to your personal wine being brought to a dining venue.....that could change in the future when everyone onboard is sailing under SM but who knows..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

Yes as that pertains to your personal wine being brought to a dining venue.....that could change in the future when everyone onboard is sailing under SM but who knows..

I hope not. We order bottles of wine at dinner.  I really don't think they would Change that.

2 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

I hope not. We order bottles of wine at dinner.  I really don't think they would Change that.

The $25.00 corkage fee is for bringing a personal bottle of wine to a dining venue not ordering a bottle of wine from the menu...2 different things.  I indicated once everyone is on SM and wine is included with your meal, they "may" do away with charging a $25.00 corkage fee for bringing your personal bottle of wine to a dining venue.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, basor said:

The $25.00 corkage fee is for bringing a personal bottle of wine to a dining venue not ordering a bottle of wine from the menu...2 different things.  I indicated once everyone is on SM and wine is included with your meal, they "may" do away with charging a $25.00 corkage fee for bringing your personal bottle of wine to a dining venue.  

Now I understand u just talking corkage fee.. I don't think that will change JMO

Posted (edited)

There is a substantial cost involved in developing and maintaining a credible wine list for any venue. Those costs are compounded by the venue’s addition of proper stemware ( with higher breakage rates) and properly trained staff. The $25 corkage fee, which is not exorbitant by any means, is to partially compensate the venue for the lost sales and facility fees associated with their wine program.

I am pleased that Oceania allows this perk at a reasonable cost. I highly doubt the corkage fee will go away anytime in the foreseeable future. Very few of the patrons are buying inexpensive supermarket wines and paying corkage. Most of the wines are locally sourced, of very good quality, and mid to upper range in cost.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2