Serenity Main Dining Room--2 seatings, as you wish, how does it work now?

Stereojeff

You go to Waterside whenever you want during open hours.  In my recent cruise it was either 6:00 or 6:30 opening until 9:00pm.  We only dine at two tops and asked for that when we checked in.  If you want a particular section you can ask for that and they will try to seat you there.  We never dined before 8:00pm and never had issues.

Are there any issues with open seating at Waterside? I ask because we were on another line and "open seating" resulted in a scrum when the doors opened and later arrivals were sometimes left out.

Jeff

13 minutes ago, Stereojeff said:

Are there any issues with open seating at Waterside? I ask because we were on another line and "open seating" resulted in a scrum when the doors opened and later arrivals were sometimes left out.

Left out?  As in "here's a doggie bag, go off and eat what we give you"?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Stereojeff said:

Jeff

Was that a mass market line?  I have heard that when the dining room opens there are sometimes a lot of people but it is Crystal and it will be sorted out quickly.  We have arrived as 8:45 pm and were never “left out”.

47 minutes ago, Stereojeff said:

Jeff

Jeff

Every cruise is different but no one will be left out. When people arrive is based on demographics and where Crystal sails. The food at Waterside is better than ever IMHO. 

Keith 

1 hour ago, Stereojeff said:

Are there any issues with open seating at Waterside? I ask because we were on another line and "open seating" resulted in a scrum when the doors opened

There can be a line of people waiting for Waterside to open - once that initial rush is dealt with there are unlikely to be delays in being seated 

The line could not be considered to be a scrum 

• Like 1

Left out?  As in "here's a doggie bag, go off and eat what we give you"?

Not that bad!  But people were told that there were no seats currently in the dining room and they were free to head upstairs to the buffet or to come back in 90 minutes or so for a table in the dining room.

5 hours ago, Stereojeff said:

VIking Mississippi

That ship had issues that don’t resemble Serenity in any way, shape or form. Its problems were unique and sad to hear about. Actually, I’m sure they were frustrating to mgmt. as well as the guests. 

On Serenity on Nov. 2nd, I was amazed at how quickly a little line-up was seated, lickety split. And I don’t mean they rushed us to our tables. It was all gracious and comfortable.

• Like 3

Whether or not there is a line will depend on each cruise including demographics, itinerary, day of cruise and time.  I've now been on three in 2023. Each one was different.

On the Holiday cruise busier at 6:00 AM when doors opened (long line on a few nights) and then less so on others and then more people arrived later for another wave.  On the first two cruises of New Crystal no line when it opened, and then it came in waves starting at 7:00 PM until around 8:00 PM.

Even if there are lines early on things settle down a few days into the cruise.

I've been on other lines with long lines including when the doors open and that included for open and fixed (assigned seating) dining.

Keith