Port Chalmers shuttle to Dunedin on RCCL

Trying to find info from anyone who has travelled on RCCL and shuttled into Dunedin . I found the local bus service but assume that will be chaotic if 1000's of  cruisers decide like us that the ships tours are ridiculously expensive and decide to stroll around Dunedin after 3 sea days. Saw someone said Princess charge $35 ea for their shuttle ? Ouch . 

13 hours ago, hammo said:

Trying to find info from anyone who has travelled on RCCL and shuttled into Dunedin . I found the local bus service but assume that will be chaotic if 1000's of  cruisers decide like us that the ships tours are ridiculously expensive and decide to stroll around Dunedin after 3 sea days. Saw someone said Princess charge $35 ea for their shuttle ? Ouch . 

Pretty sure that Royal charged $20usd.on Ovation,however that was pre Covid.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I’m there in Feb! Let me know if you’re there before us! 

Not there till April so will appreciate your advice. On Cunard tomorrow so you will know much about that experience I guess. On Quantum again later in Jan with the whole family here in Aus , but finding the New Zealand ports hard work as the RCCL shore excusions are crazy priced for us Aussies and as several stops require shuttles rather than walk offs . Just planning .

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 7:26 AM, hammo said:

Saw someone said Princess charge $35 ea for their shuttle ? Ouch .

Just got off Coral. I walked off and caught the local bus from Port Chalmers to Dunedin. NZ$3 each way. The bus was full but not to standing room only. You need to have exact fare.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hammo said:

Thanks Sinbad , Can you tell me where you picked up the local bus and where it dropped off please ?

I picked the number 14 bus (the only bus) near the corner of George St (the main street) and Grey St. Almost opposite the Seafarers Centre.

It dropped off in Dunedin at the Bus Hub on Great King St. I picked up the bus to go back to Port Chalmers from in front of the New World supermarket on Cumberland St.

• Like 2