Where is Carlos?

Torquato

I’m starting a new thread to keep track of Carlos the bartender who is currently on the Viking Star as we sail back to LA from Hawaii. We, and others on board, want to know which ship he is on so that, if possible, we can book a cruise he is on or will be on… who knows, maybe if we get critical mass Viking may even come up with Carlos-centric cruises … “the Carlos Mexican Riviera Adventure” or something similar.😃

Carlos makes great hand crafted Margaritas. You can taste the love he puts into them.

All the barmen and women on board and across the fleet  do a great job and maybe this thread can be expanded to include others, we could mention many names,  but for now we’ll start with Carlos…

32 minutes ago, Torquato said:

I’m starting a new thread to keep track of Carlos the bartender who is currently on the Viking Star as we sail back to LA from Hawaii. We, and others on board, want to know which ship he is on so that, if possible, we can book a cruise he is on or will be on… who knows, maybe if we get critical mass Viking may even come up with Carlos-centric cruises … “the Carlos Mexican Riviera Adventure” or something similar.😃

Carlos makes great hand crafted Margaritas. You can taste the love he puts into them.

All the barmen and women on board and across the fleet  do a great job and maybe this thread can be expanded to include others, we could mention many names,  but for now we’ll start with Carlos…

Rather than using social media to track crew members, I suggest chatting with crew members and getting to know about them and their family, then trading contact details. I still am in contact with crew members from the 2020 WC, which includes crew that never returned to the ships.

At least prior to COVID, the Viking crews knew their work schedules 2 - 3 contracts ahead - name of ship, joining/leaving dates and joining/leaving ports. Therefore, if you take the time in getting to know the crew, they may share information on whether they will return to the ships, specifically Viking, and advise which ship they will be on, and the dates. 

To use this method, a last name and nationality will also help.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Rather than using social media to track crew members, I suggest chatting with crew members and getting to know about them and their family, then trading contact details. I still am in contact with crew members from the 2020 WC, which includes crew that never returned to the ships.

At least prior to COVID, the Viking crews knew their work schedules 2 - 3 contracts ahead - name of ship, joining/leaving dates and joining/leaving ports. Therefore, if you take the time in getting to know the crew, they may share information on whether they will return to the ships, specifically Viking, and advise which ship they will be on, and the dates. 

To use this method, a last name and nationality will also help.

They still know where they are going after their current contract ends….at least the next 2 contracts.  

• Like 1

He's on the Star now. Have someone on that live thread ask where he's going. He told me and I don't remember. He's getting off soon. I know he's not going back to Star but I've forgotten where he'll be.

• 1 month later...