Olden- Uniktur SE Company

Hi does anyone have any thoughts for a  company called Uniktur?  It seems to be based in Alesund.  We are looking to use them for Olden.  I don’t see any reviews for the Shore Excursion offered in Olden, but I do see reviews for SEs in Alesund.  Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. 

Here is the website. 
https://uniktur.com/shore-excursion-in-olden/

We normally do private tours whenever possible, but even with a 2 and 6 year old we were totally fine with doing both of these excursions with Olden Adventures.  They run frequent shuttle buses to both the Loen Skylift and the Briskdal Glacier and we really loved seeing both sites.  

I don't know if we saw the red church on our tour though.  That might be the only difference I could find.  Also, the Olden adventures tour doesn't stop at the lake - just drives past it.

Edited by kitkat343

We were looking at Olden Cruises, but our port times don't work.  0700-1600. The earliest we can finish the Briksdal Glacier SE is 1300.  So arriving at the Skylift at 1330 or later doesn’t give us much of a cushion to get back to the ship ontime.  I am reading the lines can be very long, both at the Skylift and the buses.   Similarly, trying to reverse the order doesn’t work either.  I think our departure time might have been later, but was changed. 

There was an option to book both excursions though the cruise line, but the afternoon SE retuned 30 minutes after the ships departure.  I pointed this out, hoping it was just an error, but that SE was then removed from the website. 

Thanks for the update - you are absolutely correct, and a private tour is the right way to go to maximize your chances of visiting both locations.  I hope someone who has experience with this company comes along.  Best of luck to you.

I wouldn't try both the glacier and skylift - not enough time.  We were anchored at Loen and people getting off early could go right up the lift - but it was badly fogged in.  We had around 45 minute wait for first Olden Adventures bus to glacier and by the time we got back the lift line was well over an hour long and we had maybe two hours to sailing.  Line was visible from the ship and didn't get any shorter.

They do run a free shuttle between the Olden dock and the lift - maybe a 10 minute trip if you time it right.

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I was able to find some reviews on another site which were very good.  I was also able to verify credentials, so we are good to go. I will report back after the excursion. 

This is  a private excursion for 4 people plus the guide.  So no waiting for shuttles etc.  If we can’t make the Skylift, she offers another option. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2024 at 4:04 AM, JHCruiser123 said:

I would be interested to hear about your experience with this tour.  When do you arrive in Olden? Keep us posted!

Sorry, I missed this post.  We are in Olden on May 30.  

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We booked this tour with them towards the end of June. Let me know how you like the tour. So far the company has been great at communication and I am looking forward to exploring Olden!

Edited by mslhb