May 5- New Statendum Baltics Cruise

Hi, we (me, husband and 2 teens)  just booked on the Jewels of the Baltic cruise and had a couple of questions for those that have been to Scandinavia in early May.  First, what is the weather like for packing purposes, the average highs look very cool, is it rainy?  Do we need coats or jackets?  Also, what excursions did you love? The only place I am not finding much to do is Bornholm.  Thank you

11 minutes ago, MeganReed said:

Hi, we (me, husband and 2 teens)  just booked on the Jewels of the Baltic cruise and had a couple of questions for those that have been to Scandinavia in early May.  First, what is the weather like for packing purposes, the average highs look very cool, is it rainy?  Do we need coats or jackets?  Also, what excursions did you love? The only place I am not finding much to do is Bornholm.  Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Here is a better place to ask (as well as joining your Roll Call):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/116-northern-europe-amp-baltic-sea/

Cruise Critic is an enormous site, don't feel shy to ask for help!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Here is a better place to ask (as well as joining your Roll Call):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/116-northern-europe-amp-baltic-sea/

Cruise Critic is an enormous site, don't feel shy to ask for help!

Hi Megan

My Danish cousin says Bournholm is a very strong arts community, lots of pottery and craft shops. We have rented a car to do a road trip around the island

Jackye

A friend and I were in Oslo and Copenhagen on a cruise in late April and early May a few years ago.  I wore jeans every day.  My outerwear was a windbreaker with a light fleece lining.   Mornings were chilly, like maybe in the 40’s, but the days were sunny and highs were around low 70’s.   We were lucky with the sunny days, but my windbreaker would have provided some protection from rain. 

I also had a sweatshirt that I could have worn under my windbreaker if it got really chilly, but I never needed to do that.  Layers are a good idea, however.  

• Like 1