Booking: Did something change with Princess Vacation Protection?

dlh015

Sorry if I missed a thread on this...

Lately when I've been researching fares for various itineraries, I am never asked if I want coverage for my booking (I am also never asked if I want any transfers to/from anywhere...). After filling in our info, it goes directly to the Pay Deposit screen.

Is Princess not pushing its insurance anymore? Is the crack IT team at it again?? Or is this just some user error...lol.

Anyone else notice this?? Or am I just special and they don't want to charge me...😀

In the cruise personalizer the Vacation Protection is under your booking details. Click on it to add it.

under travel the transfers & EZ air can be booked.

I use website not app for this.

19 minutes ago, dog said:

In the cruise personalizer the Vacation Protection is under your booking details. Click on it to add it.

under travel the transfers & EZ air can be booked.

I use website not app for this.

Thanks, yes, I know that. But that is after I've actually booked.

Sorry if I wasn't clear...on the website it used to be part of the process of booking a cruise. After you entered your info (names, etc), you used to be prompted for transfers, then prompted if you wanted their vacation cancellation protection.  That way you got the total price before hitting the payment screen.

The last two steps having not been showing up when I've been checking out itineraries...

That was my recent experience, too. I got all the way to the payment screen for the deposit, and there was no mention in the booking process about the vacation protection. I found that odd, as I assume it is a big money maker for Princess, and they used to make it easy to see the cost and purchase at the time of booking.

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Where do you live? In some jurisdictions, the Princess plan is unavailable.

Thanks...I do not live in NY and I've booked many Princess cruises...from my residence of over 30 years in California. I appreciate your reply.

Edited by dlh015

Wow, a few months ago, it did ask me about transfers and insurance but now it wants me to put down the deposit before I get there. (Which I'm not doing for a fake booking to see if I need to refare.)

Yes they got rid of those two options a few months ago. I posted about it here because I agree that it's strange. And now when doing a mock booking I have to compute the insurance amounts myself (9 percent for standard and 12 percent for platinum). 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes they got rid of those two options a few months ago. I posted about it here because I agree that it's strange. And now when doing a mock booking I have to compute the insurance amounts myself (9 percent for standard and 12 percent for platinum). 

Thanks...I didn't see your original post about this...I'll use those numbers you posted for future approximations of the cruise cost.

So this is the new process...not some anomaly...got it...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I assume those options do come later?