Travel Mug and specialty coffees (Drip / Americano)

calvindoth

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I've seen on other boards that when using a reusable mug, you'll have to transfer drinks from the Cruise line's cups to your mug. Is that true with Princess and their Drip coffee? I understand the need for doing this with the Waitstaff of Self Service but not for walkup service.

20 minutes ago, calvindoth said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I've seen on other boards that when using a reusable mug, you'll have to transfer drinks from the Cruise line's cups to your mug. Is that true with Princess and their Drip coffee? I understand the need for doing this with the Waitstaff of Self Service but not for walkup service.

It’s for sanitary reasons.  

• Like 1

Even though there are signs prohibiting refilling personal drink receptacles from the buffet dispensers, passengers do it any way.  Don't be "one of them" and have respect for other passengers.  Take a clean cup or mug, fill that from the dispenser, and then fill your cup. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On the Island now and I take my 12 oz travel mug with two teaspoons of International Foods Cafe Mocha instant to the HC every morning and fill it up with hot water.  No problem.  I also get a large tumbler and help myself to a glass of cold milk from the white pitchers next to the coffee syrup dispensers.

During the restart the crew sometimes made me hand them my travel mug, they would fill it with hot water, and hand it back to me.

31 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

On the Island now and I take my 12 oz travel mug with two teaspoons of International Foods Cafe Mocha instant to the HC every morning and fill it up with hot water.  No problem.  I also get a large tumbler and help myself to a glass of cold milk from the white pitchers next to the coffee syrup dispensers.

During the restart the crew sometimes made me hand them my travel mug, they would fill it with hot water, and hand it back to me.

Don’t they have Lavazza coffee?

All the others we've been on, have Lavazza now.

I've always had our coffees fixed in cruise ships cups at the IC and had to transfer them to my own mugs. Sometimes they'd do it and sometimes I've had to do it. Won't drink the paint stripper from the buffet. Haven't tried the new coffee.

44 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Both the Ruby and the Enchanted have it for sure. 

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The containers say Lavazza, but I don't know if it's brewed from grounds or syrup. It's not bad.  The MDR coffee is pretty good also.

Coffee, like so many things, is subjective.  Some of the best coffee I ever tasted was boiled coffee on a frosty morning after a day canoeing on a river the day before.

Likewise, a cheap bottle of wine with some fresh bread and stinky cheese on a park bench overlooking the grand canal in Venice is priceless.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Likewise, a cheap bottle of wine with some fresh bread and stinky cheese on a park bench overlooking the grand canal in Venice is priceless.

Wonderful!!

May I also add:

Cicchetti (mini dishes similar to Spanish tapas, eaten at bàcaro (Venetian taverns) or bacari (standing bars).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

The containers say Lavazza, but I don't know if it's brewed from grounds or syrup. It's not bad.  The MDR coffee is pretty good also.

Coffee, like so many things, is subjective.  Some of the best coffee I ever tasted was boiled coffee on a frosty morning after a day canoeing on a river the day before.

Sounds good to me too!

Venezia… we love the fill up stations (what we call it), around the neighborhoods from the local vineyards.  Cheese, olives and bread from the local markets.

Doest’t get any better.

• Like 2

I know we are staying off topic, but over the years I have learned to appreciate those little moments where you have what others may consider lesser food and drink on the quality scale, but the location and the experience more than makes up for it.

At those moments, Two Buck Chuck or a fifty dollar bottle doesn't matter.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 12:34 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Sounds good to me too!

Venezia… we love the fill up stations (what we call it), around the neighborhoods from the local vineyards.  Cheese, olives and bread from the local markets.

Doest’t get any better.

Ahh!  Vino Sfuso!  That was great!  Also, walking the Rue Cler in Paris, picking up a bottle of wine, some baguettes, ham, and cheese and walking to the park in Paris below the twinkling lights of the Eifel Tower at sunset!  Much better than dining at an overcrowded and overpriced restaurant on the Champs Elysees!

Now getting back to coffee...  I prefer mine not to be watered down swill from syrup.  

• Like 1