Christmas Cruise

Hubby and I are contemplating spending Christmas on a cruise this year. We are seasoned cruisers, but have never been on a cruise for Christmas. We generally sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We are in our early 60's and like to have a fun time...we are definitely not the type of people who just want to sit in a lounge chair all day. The ports of call are really not all that important to us as we have already been to most of them already. The ship is the main focus for us.

So, having said all that....if YOU have taken a Caribbean cruise for Christmas out of Florida, which ship did you sail and what were the pros and cons of that particular ship? Add any other information you think would be helpful to assist us in choosing an exciting holiday cruise!

Thank you!

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas for both Christmas and New Year’s. Other than the ship being decorated, there wasn’t a big difference. However, there are a lot of kids. Not all were well behaved, which is actually a reflection on their parents.  

I have done numerous Christmas cruises with the most recent being on Wonder last year (2022). As others have stated, with the exception of Christmas decorations around the ship and more Christmas music around the ship, the cruise is pretty much the same as any other cruise. 

11 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We have not done a Christmas cruise but we did do a New Year’s cruise and it was very nice.

I would do a NYE cruise again in a heartbeat!  Ours was on the Harmony.

I have done several NYE cruises. In my view the main appeal of them is you don’t have to worry about driving with the possibility of a lot of drunk drivers being on the road.  

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have done several NYE cruises. In my view the main appeal of them is you don’t have to worry about driving with the possibility of a lot of drunk drivers being on the road.  

and it seems to be less children……not that I have anything against kids, but it’s not the same “ Santa excitement” as you would have on a Christmas cruise…

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

and it seems to be less children……not that I have anything against kids, but it’s not the same “ Santa excitement” as you would have on a Christmas cruise…

I was on Wonder for NYE in 2022 and there were a lot of kids on the cruise, which is similar to previous NYE cruises I have been on. My guess is there would be fewer kids on shorter NYE cruises (3-5 days), but I have never done one of those. 

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was on Wonder for NYE in 2022 and there were a lot of kids on the cruise, which is similar to previous NYE cruises I have been on. My guess is there would be fewer kids on shorter NYE cruises (3-5 days), but I have never done one of those. 

The one we did was a 7 day on the Harmony and yes there were some kids but not a ton. It was a very nice enjoyable cruise…

13 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas for both Christmas and New Year’s. Other than the ship being decorated, there wasn’t a big difference. However, there are a lot of kids. Not all were well behaved, which is actually a reflection on their parents.  

We must have been on the same cruise for Christmas.  LOTS of kids/families for sure.

OP - is that is an issue - look for another date. 

M